8800GTS vs 9800GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big difference in price, and It's more fun when you know you spent less money and then OC it and your like. YAAAAA! I just made this thing work awesome and I didn't spend all my money. Or at least more of your money.

The cheapest 9800GTX is $275 after MIR and the cheapest 8800GTS is $170 after MIR so it would be $100 not $50

NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection.

im sorry but for the 3rd time up here the heapest 8800gts is 249 after MAIL in rebate. which are useless.

as opposed to 299 NO mail in rebate for the 9800gtx.

I.E. 50$ IF you want to fight and wait 6 months for it. or like 20$ if you don't bother.

sure for americans its 100$, but thats not what I was arguing.

Well stop being stubborn and just be the 51st state. Problem solved.

J/K that stinks for you guys :( In your situation I would defiantly go for a 9800gtx over an 8800 gts 512 if you put it the way you did.

51st state lmao. As long as we keep our bacon, healthcare, and the right to say 'eh'.

And we don't want your president, no matter who it ends up as. I don't think I like any of them.

That being said I don't even know who canada's prime minister is these days. i don't think it actually makes any difference. They get no publicity at all lol. i'm not even sure he does anything. Is it still that frenchman?

because the 8800ultra wasn't cutting it anymore.

And I found someone whod give me 400$ for it lol. sold it for 404$. **** good deal for me haha. i didn't think i'd get that after the new cards being out so long. So I grabbd that and opened myself up for step-up. I've got a feelign the GTX 280 is going to be like 600$ lol So I should get it for pennies.

The cheapest 9800GTX is $275 after MIR and the cheapest 8800GTS is $170 after MIR so it would be $100 not $50

I am a loyal eVGA customer and eVGA is at $259 (8800GTS) and $299 (9800GTX). I am also a loyal newegg customer so that is where I got the prices from.

What good would a 8800GTS that I couldn't step up be? The way I did it, I can wait for the card to come out, and step up after about a month and a half for the price to come down.

I really think the step-up will benefit me in this situation. What is a 9800GTX gonna be worth at the start of August? Probably not $300.

Please stop comparing "cheapest" this vs "cheapest" that. Some people prefer to buy a brand that will stand behind their product. And the GTX is worth it, especially if you got in on 2 of them for 269 each :) without rebates. and free shipping. and evga. Ya, 800/2000/2400 in SLI. Try doing that on a nonvoltmodded GTS and tell me how well age of conan plays on 1920x1200 all high settings 2x AA.

Personally I'm glad Veedub talked me into the 9800gtx when I built my system. I didn't go for a SLI mobo since my monitor is only 22" and I can only run 1680x1050. But the one card, oc'd currently to 832 (kept shader linked) and 1230 memory clock, I run AoC at that reso on high with 8x AA and never miss a beat. FPS on my own is 54ish, and 38 in the cities.

brand is important only if u want a good warranty or want to step up in te future.

if the person is going to step up then price doesnt matter

but when ur in a budget why not get the cheapest and if they get too hot get a better cooling solution

9800GTX is only for those who wants to overclock very high with a good cpu or are going to step up

all 8800gts are the same just the cooling which u can get an aftermarket cooler

if they just want to play all the games and save money for better hardware or future upgrade why not get a similar card but cheaper

it is better to having a gpu that can run all the games than one that is more for what u need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom