DELETE windows.old folder...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattew

Banned
well i had xp on system and due to some massive worms my system went hywire and i had no option other than reinstalling the os.. when i reinstalled it.... it didnt totally formated the c: drive .. i dunno wt hapened..
the OS was installed sucessfully but another folder in the c drive was created
named windows.old and its occupying quite lot of space and i am not able to delete all its files... totally hacked off with this stuff dunno wat to do....?:confused:

Why cannot you not just do a full format and fresh install.

Half the problems are caused because people do not have their data backed up..

well i dont have the driver CD for now.. so if i reformat i cant do ne thing without it.... besides there are some more folders which is being created i dunno whether to delete them or not ..
1. $.WINDOWS.~BT
2.$.WINDOWS.~LS

If you can access the internet, you can download all driver installation files, save them on a USB flash drive, then full format (Not the quick option), fresh install, pop in the flash drive, and bam, you don't need driver disks.

wat about all the softwares i installed ..... everything will be ruined.....
and the driver files will be atleast some 500 mb or so.. it will take time.....
ne other ingenious way other than formatting it.. cuz i just installed the os again doing will be troublesome....

OK I have encountered this error on some cheaper computers with built in recovery partitions. What i did to delete the files was get a live CD of ubuntu an run it then i located the file on the C: drive an then deleted them that way.

ne other ingenious way other than formatting it.. cuz i just installed the os again doing will be troublesome....

Well that is the problem when not doing it correctly. Now you have to go back and do it correctly. Cause if you can not delete it from safe mode. You can not get rid of it without a format or using a LiveCD mounting the drive and trying to delete it then.

You can reinstall your software. Everythign has a installer on the web somwhere. Drivers are right on your manufacturer's webpage.

Arent PC's fun? Yes it is troublesome. But if you dont do it right the first time you will have to fix it and do it right the 2nd time. Shoudl have backed up your info first.

your drivers shouldnt take long at all, and shouldnt be 500mb, even if they are it shouldnt take long at all
software can be reinstalled, but ask yourself maybe all the stuff you have been installing might of caused the problem to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom