This is what I own so far:

-Two Raptor X HDDs
-CM Stacker 830

And I am hoping to get the rest of these items:
-790i Ultra Mobo
-8800GT
-Q6700
-750W+ PSU (Thermaltake Toughpower?)
-DDR3 Crucial Ram (Newegg has a deal on $200 RAM)
-Xigamatek Rifle Heatsink
-MX-2 Paste

Anyone have any suggestions or does my build look good so far? Any yes I would like to have DDR3, I want to be future proof for newer DDR3 models to come.

Yes I have a suggestion. Make sure that 8800 gt is an EVGA, and then step up when the new cards come out in a few months. Or better yet put this build on hold.

Also don't use the word future proof. It's fail speak. Most of us here still don't recommend making the move to DDR3. Performance gains are not that much better and it's expensive. Why do you want a 790i also? Do you plan on SLI in the future?

q6700 is really only worth it if you are planning on overclocking past 3ghz. Why not go for the 750i ftw too. If your going to spend that much, I say go for the q6600, the 750i, and a 8800gts. That would be your best bet.

q6700 is really only worth it if you are planning on overclocking past 3ghz. Why not go for the 750i ftw too. If your going to spend that much, I say go for the q6600, the 750i, and a 8800gts. That would be your best bet.

actually if he is going over 3.6GHz

yea go with 750i if ur going to sli, 8800GTS then step up, q6600 or q6700

750i FTW by eVGA

750i is 1 less pci-e slot, overclocks very good, not sure if it has the video corruption, 1 less lan port.

Alright so the 750i for DDR2. Why all the hate on the 790i besides the point of DDR3, are there know crucial problems with the 790i performance wise?

Actually that board is really good, it supports really high FSB, and can overclock really well, only MAJOR cons are the price, and that video corruption bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom