Extra Drive Creator

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxexpertxXx

In Runtime
I was wondering, my friends brother was able to add another drive on his computer just by using a programe. Basically you create another drive and than you take some Memory from C Drive and put it on the drive you create. Well i downloaded "Extra Drive Creator Pro" and it allowed me to create a drive but after i restarted my computer it was gone but, than i opened up extra drive creator pro and it was there it was just disabled so i enabled it than, i went to go reformat but i stopped and i did NOT see the drive listed there only C Drive. But, when my friend reformats he is able to put all his important files in his Drive that his brother created and reformat C Drive and when he is done the drive that his brother created is there and all of his important files are all backed up. The question is. How does he do this? and why does my drive disapear?

What you are talking about is a partition. You need to partition the drive with the NTFS file system to allow windows to read it.

Saxon is right. That is called a parition. GParted, Acronis Disk Director can all do it. Doing it the way you say is not a real partition. It is just a applicaiton controled partition which you NEED that application for. If you format while using that app you will lose that information as the drive is controlled by the applicaiton and the applicaiton is controlled by Windows.

If you want to move data so you save it after a format. Shrink your partition and create a new one.

Also please do not IM me asking me to read your thread. I will read them and answer them when i can. Thank you.

Alcohol120% will let you create virtual drives and mount CD's to the drive. Pretty sweet for putting games on there so you no longer need the CD. Free version has a time limit so you need to get your stuff done within that time frame. But the virtual drives stay until you manually remove them.

That is a different type of Virtual Drive. The type he is talking about is not for CD/DVD's. It is a Virtual Hard Drive. Kinda like a Virtual Machine.

Alcohol120% will let you create virtual drives and mount CD's to the drive. Pretty sweet for putting games on there so you no longer need the CD. Free version has a time limit so you need to get your stuff done within that time frame. But the virtual drives stay until you manually remove them.

Daemon tools is freeware :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom