3 old school video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the triple post, it's been a little bit and I think if I edit my old post now, it will be missed.

It's down to
5600xt AGP 256mb (it's not PCI after all, I don't know why it was reading as such)
6200 plain AGP 256mb

From what I can find, I'm fairly sure the 5600xt will be the way to go, but I still haven't found any tests or benchmarks yet :( I've read the 5600xt can play HL:2 and portal on fairly high settings and be fairly smooth, I hope this is true because I'd know exactly what card I'll be using.

That's what I was thinking, but all the specs I see after searching more tell me both cards are extremely weak. 64 bit, 4 pipes, etc... I was thinking the 5600XT would blow the 6200 out of the water, looking at the "6" in the second digit and the performance "XT" suffix.

I may just wait till I upgrade my system again (my old parts will make home in her case), then she'll have a PCI-e slot, and I'll toss in an 8400GS, I know, uber cheap, but at least (say some newegg reviewers) it'll run HL:2 and some newer games on low settings. That also means she can play her Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 let alone Black & White 1.

If anyone thinks the 5600XT will be a substantial or noticable difference, I'll slap it in tomorrow and see what it'll do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom