8800GTS vs 9800GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends which brands you buy, and as amd said
< canada. We don't get the same price drops you guys get. blasted american companies. lol i can't even shop at newegg.

yeah but have you seen the waiting times XD I've been waiting a year for shoulder surgery to repair damage i did at work. Now it's been so long the damage may be permanent lol.

Free healthcare has it's downfalls too, you'll die waiting for it.

that being said, it's still better than paying ; ;

well in the states if its work related it goes to the companies health insureance so we dont gotta pay work related.

but back on topic, i personally think the gtx is better cuz it can oc alot higher and $50 isnt that much

No offense.. but are you kidding? Why pay 100 extra dollars just for an overclocked version of an almost identical card?

I doubt that those 1000 extra points did anything.. thats probably 2-3 frames on Crysis on high. 3DMark is great for measuring your computer's performance in a benchmark. Real-world games is the best way to test your computer's performance. I doubt you will find many people that would ever recommend a 9800gtx over a 8800gts, simply because it's not worth the money at the moment.

Sounds like your another victim of Nvidia's cleverly designed, extra sneaky naming scheme. :(

*edit* Wait a minute did you say $50? Last time I checked the 9800gtx is around 300, the 8800gt is around 170 and the 8800gts is around 200...

I'm not a victim. You apparently haven't read what I said over and over.

"I would have bought 9600GT in SLI, but I wanted a single card to step-up to the GTX 280. Talk about a bottleneck then.....but I have until the start of August to figure out my CPU situation."

I sold my 8800GT for $300 so I put it all in the 9800GTX so I could step up to the GTX 280.

Anyways, I know you want to be down on the 9800GTX for some reason, but regardless of what you say it is still the best card out there. It is the top dog stock card with only one PCB.

For $300? With the option to step up to the new card? I didn't really even have to think about it. I like the 9800GTX.

yeah but have you seen the waiting times XD I've been waiting a year for shoulder surgery to repair damage i did at work. Now it's been so long the damage may be permanent lol.

Free healthcare has it's downfalls too, you'll die waiting for it.

that being said, it's still better than paying ; ;

I wish some people in America would understand this. And its not free either, haven't you heard the saying that nothing is free? You pay for it. If you work.

Permanent damage to your shoulder? To me, you can't put a price on your health.

And Canada has a population of about 35 million. The U.S. is ten times that. I love the utopian beliefs some people have about health care. Look at the reality.

Combine our population with the drug, crime, and immigration problems and tell me how "free" healthcare is going to work?

Oooops......off topic again. :rolleyes: I get carried away sometimes.

Oh yeah I pay health off every check lol. I'm so used to getting nailed by the government I forget. So I guess it's 'Cheaper' health care. And a there's a lot of stipulations and such for it. A lot of things arent covered. Especially for the elderly, who also get nailed for higher rates, and such.

Anyhow lol way off base.

The step-up option is a good base for argument too, since (if i have a proper understanding of how it works) the more money you throw in now, the less you pay for the newer card. Which is good if you just came into some money, and don't trust yourself to just put it away. or in your case, where you want a great card to hold you over as well as one that will put a nice down payment on the next.

I better walk away with a free card from this GX2 that's all I gotta say. If not screw step up, i'll ebay it, pay a bit extra and buy 2 GT280's :S Or GTX 280's. (I havent read about the name change thing yet lol)

this may be true but once again...your free health care sure as **** makes up for it :p

Nothing is free.....their "free health care" is paired with their 25% tax on everything vs our 6% tax.....

I dunno if it's 25%, but it's a lot higher then ours.

anyway: The 8800 would probably max out games just as much as the 9800 right now, but the 9800 overclocks really well so it'll be more future proof. And like some others have said, if you put more money into the card now..you have to pay less if you step up in the future

Only if you overclock though. If you don't, I would go with the 8800GT.

LOL? I don't understand what your trying to say here.

I can max out all games with my OC'd system except crysis on dx9.

Just to list a few, I played Assassins creed maxed out, and The Witcher maxed out (maybe x2 AA actually. I cannot remember, Only because I don't notice the difference between x16AA and x2.).

You can pay however much you want for your card, but as long as I can play the games I want to I am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom