Low cost video card recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against that Powercolor HD3850 512mb you have up there it is worse (check post 9) ;)

Against that Powercolor HD3850 512mb you have up there it is worse (check post 9) ;)

oooh, I skipped over that o_O.

I thought you were getting a new computer man. I thought like a lot of these members tossed you some free parts. Stuff fall through or something? I know your parents were gonna fork over some money for the rest, did they back out?

Oh they actually ordered the rest a couple of hours ago, should come in like a couple of days..

I was missing a Video Card, Mobo, PSU and DVD-RW Drive... I ordered :

Biostar TA780g (it has that lovable HD3200 GPU, which blows away every other one out right now)
Some IDE DVD-RW
Corsair 550vx

Oh they actually ordered the rest a couple of hours ago, should come in like a couple of days..

I was missing a Video Card, Mobo, PSU and DVD-RW Drive... I ordered :

Biostar TA780g (it has that lovable HD3200 GPU, which blows away every other one out right now)
Some IDE DVD-RW
Corsair 550vx

Nice dude, that's funny that I asked that and it happened today xD. I remember hearing about it a couple months ago.

you gonna save up for a dedicated GPU? that HD3200 should hold you off for a while though, I've heard great things about it.

Hopefully idk, if I get some cash I might buy some GPU, but right now after I get my whole new rig together, I'll assemble it, and by the time the HD4870 and the 45nm Phenom comes out, I'll upgrade to those Q2 2009

anyways enough of my thread-jacking, back to your build, unless you have no questions

I guess the question now is, is the 9600GT worth $30 over the 3850. I like the brand of the 9600GT more, MSI is a bigger brand than powercolor, so I'd trust their rebate a little bit more, and the Cooler on the MSI looks like it'll handle any overclocking needs I have.

On the other hand the 3850 doesn't lag far behind the 9600gt in most games that I'll play, and I like the idea of supporting AMD (stupid yeah, but I'm that sorta person).

I got a week to decide, I'm going to frys on Friday to pick up a Mobo+CPU combo and if I see a good deal on either I'll pick either up and let you guys know what I went with. Thanks for the help guys! and thanks vernong for letting me know the 3850 is better than the 8800GS.

And I hope your comp turns out well!

>.> dang now the 8800gs is back in the running. What's power consumption like on both? cause I'm going to be running a not so great PSU for a couple months, and the less power consumption the better. I'm going to try and find a benchmark for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom