$500 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not true... the Celeron Dual-Core is that same Allendale Core with Half the cache

The new Celeron Dual-Core's are based on the same successful Core Architecture used by Core 2 Duo Processors that have put AMD in quite a bind right now..

That would put him $20 farther over budget. The Celeron Dual Core is a Core 2 Duo with less cache just like the E2180 and can easily overclock to a E2180's stock speed.

Edit: Vernong you beat me to it.

Thats really up to the person, Idk why you'd spend the extra $20... its just another 1mb cache, both CPU's overclock the same, and today the GPU matters more than the processor

Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - ECS N9600GT-512MX EDM GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - FSP Group ATX400-PNT 400W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply 100 - 120 V/ 200 - 240 V cUL, CB, TUV, FCC, CSA - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - SUPER TALENT 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors

Total comes to $448.93

This leaves enough money to add a case of his choice cover shipping and maybe get a keyboard and mouse if he really needs one.

HOWEVER to the OP. I HIGHLY suggest you try to secure around $550 for a computer becuase honestly the extra 50 dollars would give you a better quality and nicer looking case. A better more future proof power supply such as an RP550. As well as a larger and faster hard drive. The 9600GT is an awesome card, that Super talent ram is more than enough, and the e2180 coupled with a DS3L is a very good deal. You could drop down to a P31 board which will overclock similar but however since you have the money i suggest getting a P35 becuase of the better southbridge and just overall longer lasting choice. Now where as that build will meet your price(this is without an OS as one is too expensive for such a cheap build) I highly suggest that you secure a few extra bucks to get a higher quality case and power supply becuase take it from myself who has bought 3 cases and 3 power supplies in the last 2 years becuase of different reasons; if more future proof parts are had then you will be much happier and spend less in the future for a whole new power supply or case.

EDIT: The cashe on the E1200 is just too low for gaming...im sorry where the E2180 is pretty much already treading on thin ice becuase of it's low cache but is able to save it's arse becuase of the price and overclockability. It's just that 512kb cache is too little. At 3.4ghz it barley competes with an E4500 STOCK which is 2.4ghz. Like I said 1mb cache is absolute lowest i could ever recommend right now for gaming (even that is too low really once again)

Wow yall really put some work in these builds, you know what lets make it 600 bucks, i have a grand but i want to put the rest towards a neck brace when i ride mx and then the rest in the bank. I just sold my gaming computer and wow i miss it so much.

Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - ECS N9600GT-512MX EDM GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - FSP Group ATX400-PNT 400W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply 100 - 120 V/ 200 - 240 V cUL, CB, TUV, FCC, CSA - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - SUPER TALENT 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors

Total comes to $448.93

This leaves enough money to add a case of his choice cover shipping and maybe get a keyboard and mouse if he really needs one.

HOWEVER to the OP. I HIGHLY suggest you try to secure around $550 for a computer becuase honestly the extra 50 dollars would give you a better quality and nicer looking case. A better more future proof power supply such as an RP550. As well as a larger and faster hard drive. The 9600GT is an awesome card, that Super talent ram is more than enough, and the e2180 coupled with a DS3L is a very good deal. You could drop down to a P31 board which will overclock similar but however since you have the money i suggest getting a P35 becuase of the better southbridge and just overall longer lasting choice. Now where as that build will meet your price(this is without an OS as one is too expensive for such a cheap build) I highly suggest that you secure a few extra bucks to get a higher quality case and power supply becuase take it from myself who has bought 3 cases and 3 power supplies in the last 2 years becuase of different reasons; if more future proof parts are had then you will be much happier and spend less in the future for a whole new power supply or case.

EDIT: The cashe on the E1200 is just too low for gaming...im sorry where the E2180 is pretty much already treading on thin ice becuase of it's low cache but is able to save it's arse becuase of the price and overclockability. It's just that 512kb cache is too little. At 3.4ghz it barley competes with an E4500 STOCK which is 2.4ghz. Like I said 1mb cache is absolute lowest i could ever recommend right now for gaming (even that is too low really once again)

I dig this build, but what can we do to it for it to be just under 600 bucks? I just really wanna play Cod4, WoW, and that new age of conan game, **** i dont even know about the new games out. This rig will be playing on a 15 inch crt dell monitor so im not to worried about resolutions i just want it to look decent and play with out lag for sure. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom