New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmgdx

Baseband Member
Looking to buy a new computer within the week.
I went through newegg and picked out parts that were within my budget,
I just want to make sure everything is compatible and will run at least call of duty 4 flawlessly.

Cpu
Ram
MBoard
Vcard

Also looking for help getting a power supply, not sure which one to pick.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

what resolution are you playing in? a single card will murder that game 1900x1200 w/ aa on. You could wait till the new cards come out. I prefer an x38 chipset or even a P35. Only nvidia I would think of getting is the 750i FTW.

Ok first of all..
I would wait on that Gpu, Nvidia and ATI are releasing cards in a few weeks that are rumored to demolish the GX2 price wise and performance wise.

And buying an open-box motherboard is dangerous.. but its up to you.

I strongly suggest you wait, cause these next cards are not far away and it looks like you have enough money to get them ;) I sure am.

Ok first of all..
I would wait on that Gpu, Nvidia and ATI are releasing cards in a few weeks that are rumored to demolish the GX2 price wise and performance wise.

And buying an open-box motherboard is dangerous.. but its up to you.

I strongly suggest you wait, cause these next cards are not far away and it looks like you have enough money to get them ;) I sure am.

buying an open box motherboard is not really dangerous anymore....the only draw-back from open-box vs factory sealed was the 1-year warranty opposed from the 15-day open box. Now however most mobos at newegg only carry a 30-day warranty through newegg which is not so cool. If it works it works and thats what matter. don't worry about cables becuase the majority of the time open box comes with everything. However when it doesn't that stuff is easily replaced for cheap. An I/O panel can be had on manufacturers sites for like 3 bucks and some people on forums sell old ones.

buying an open box motherboard is not really dangerous anymore....the only draw-back from open-box vs factory sealed was the 1-year warranty opposed from the 15-day open box. Now however most mobos at newegg only carry a 30-day warranty through newegg which is not so cool. If it works it works and thats what matter. don't worry about cables becuase the majority of the time open box comes with everything. However when it doesn't that stuff is easily replaced for cheap. An I/O panel can be had on manufacturers sites for like 3 bucks and some people on forums sell old ones.

Yeah your probably right, I personally don't have any experience in buying open-box parts. But it just sounds dangerous :D

But I mean, if he's spending 500+ cash on a graphics card, why get a used motherboard??

open box is not used in the same sense as another "used" mobo would be.

Open box motherboards were just returned as soon as they recieved them for whatever the reason and there was nothing wrong with them. The law states ones a product has been opened in it's factory condition you can't even send them back to the factory and have them re-bagged. Even if it was never turned on it can't be placed in a new box and sold as new, it has to be slapped with a refurbished or recertified tag instead which costs more usually than what it's worth. Therefore open box is used instead. Newegg tests each open box for functionability but thats it.

Thanks for the replys.

I didn't notice that the motherboard was open box, I will be getting an unopened one.

as for resolution I run it at 1920x1200, also i was wondering how i would utilize a HD monitor i just bought an Asus MK241H last week.
Do i need a special video card and motherboard?

And for these new cards coming out is there a way i can track them like the name or something so I know what I will be looking for.

Thanks for all the help :D

Thanks for the replys.

I didn't notice that the motherboard was open box, I will be getting an unopened one.

as for resolution I run it at 1920x1200, also i was wondering how i would utilize a HD monitor i just bought an Asus MK241H last week.
Do i need a special video card and motherboard?

And for these new cards coming out is there a way i can track them like the name or something so I know what I will be looking for.

Thanks for all the help :D

We don't really know what is happening, both are really quiet about real-time performance and so far everything has just been hearsay from both sides

Speaking of Open Box boards what happened to that P5N-E Board, and that Biostar 965p boards you used to own?

Speaking of Open Box boards what happened to that P5N-E Board, and that Biostar 965p boards you used to own?

The P6N-E something happened to it only after a few days I had it. I am not sure if it was something i did or not but newegg took it back. As for the Biostar 965PT i traded that for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom