ahlon 64 2800+ vs 3000+ vs something else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice9

In Runtime
If I am making a computer that will run prett fast, play music, internet, be abel to record music (playing an instrument), talk on aim... basic stuff like that and play the latest games really good (such as doom3, U2k4, Half life 2 when it comes out etc.) should I go with an athlon 64 2800+ or a 3000+ and will I notice much of a difference? Also would recommend something even lower and maybe OC eventually or what? Except I want the 64 bit so I don't kow if it goes any lower the 2800+. Also the core for the 2800+ would be newcastle and the core for the 3000+ is clawhammer

the rest of the specs:
2. GIGABYTE "GA-K8VT800"
3. 1 GB of memory pc3200 ddr400
4. seagate 80gb 8mb 7200rpm
5. Audigy 2 ZS
6. Radeon 9800 Pro
7. Lite On 12X DVD Burner
8. Aspire x dreamer II
9. Logitech Keyboard
10. Logitech MX510 Mouse
11. Z-640 Speakers

thanks

I would do the 3000+ clawhammer since that seems about the budget you are after...then of course get a serious heatsink & fan get the temps waaayyy down so that later you can overclock that baby.

yeah ive got to agree. if you got a powerful cooler on there, like say a water cooler, you should be able to overclock it pretty good. of course i recommend seriously reading up on the subject b4 overclocking anything.

any questions about it just post. The rest of your specs look good. i have that graphics card and those speakers so i can attest to their awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom