Build me 64 bit pc plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratty

Baseband Member
Hi
I have £560 to spend on a pc and i need some help deciding what goes in it.
I would like it to play games but it doesn't have to be amazing at it.
Any help people can give would be a great help.
Thanks

Just been in Bath when I was visiting my uncle in Bristol :)

Anyways, could you please provide me with your current PC hardware information - then we can see if you can salvage anything.

hey kangaroo (sorry just off the subject here), do you realise that the xp2500 barton in your second system is easily overclockable to a 3200? They have the exact same core so as long as you have sufficient cooling (which you seem too) it works fine. I have a water cooler on mine and its runnin at 3200 speeds for about 6 months now no problems.

Anyway sorry abotu that. please continue on the topic that this is actually about :)

my old pc is sooooo old i can't really re-use anything. The only thing that could be used is a DVD drive and the sound card.
Most things will have to be new (a bit hard on my budget....im so poor...i need money)
Do your best.

then i guess u gotta go 4 the 939 version of mobo n CPU. get the asus A8V mobo. it supportz dual channel ddr n AMD 64 bit & CPU can be upgraded later. also get the AMD 64 bit 3500+ CPU. it might b a lil over the budget if u culculate 2gether everything else but itz worth d money. if u want more info abt these parts then go check out newegg or their main website.

Hehe sithspawn I know I can overclock that far, but at the moment my RAM is no good, I would like to change the multiplier but that is not possible.

Anyway back to topic, something like this ratty: £575.54

Coolermaster Centurion CAC-T01UK Black (Aluminium/Zinc-coated steel) £37.01
AMD *Retail* Athlon 64 3500 64Bit (32 Bit compatible) CPU Socket 939 £237.76
256Mb Sapphire Radeon 9600 XT x8 AGP Tv-out, DVI (Retail) £112.21
80Gb Maxtor ATA-133 (7200rpm,2MB) £36.88
512Mb PC3200 (PC400) DDR Memory (Major) Retail £49.57
Asus A8V Deluxe, VIA K8T800PRO, Gbit LAN, 802.11g Wireless LAN, USB 2.0, 1394, 8Ch Audio, SATA, Raid £90.35

It has no monitor, PSU, keyboard, mouse, speakers, soundcard, CD-ROM/DVD, and Operating System.

£560 is a very limited budget (not offending you).

Kangaroo said:
Just been in Bath when I was visiting my uncle in Bristol :)

haha, i was just in bath too . . . though it was only for a few hours . . .

i was on a tour of bath and stonehenge . . . i believe the . . . 26th of july?

i have to say . . . the houses there are REALLY nice (and so are the roman baths)

I took a bath for a few hours.

Oh wait, that's not what yer talking about... :)

Why do you want a 64bit pc, Ratty? If you're current PC is really old, then I would assume you aren't doing any heavy-duty work or gaming. If you want to save some money (at the scant sacriffice of a few percents on a benchmark) then I'd just go with a 32bit system. That gives you a bigger board selection, cheaper parts, greater technology support, and you'll probably never know the difference. A 32bit system with today's technology will blow your socks off after working on an ancient system like the one you've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom