$1000 Gaming Computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They Are different Chipsets

one is x38 (the pricey one) the other is P35, X38 is better than most if not all nForce Chipsets in terms of overclocking ability, most x38 and P35 boards can do only Crossfire... but you should wait before you buy.. new stuff is coming soon..

and PCI express and PCI are completely different, and you can't SLI on that board

Well...say maybe in the future SLI might be an option as I said I dont wnat to replace my motherboard for a long time. Then what would you guys suggest? How about the Evga 780i?

After researching for he last 24 hours I am still stuck...I have no clue as to what Motherboard is good for me...

P35-DS3L ($108 out of stock) - Cheap and OC's good but I heard It runs VERY hot and has major VDroop

DFI Lanparty DK ($190) - A little more expensive but I dont know whats good/bad about this one other then some people say its a good Overclocker

Well...ive been told to just go with a cheaper motherboard because LGA 775 is dying and not to spend a lot of money on a motherboard that isnt going to last that long...is this true?

Also anyone have anyother suggestions? I dont want to SLI, by the time I would want to I would just end up buying a new Videocard.

In terms of bang/buck the P35 DFI Lanparty DK is a great board for overclocking....the X38 DFI Lanparty DK is great too, but more expensive. The only reason I recommended it before was because it has PCI-E 2.0, which is not really a big issue since current cards are nowhere near maxing the bandwidth of PCI-E 1.1

just say no to sli

why are you against SLI ? it seems like a great way to upgrade down the road, instead of just throwing away your old video card and spending tons of money on a newer better one, you can juse purchase another of the exact same one for a huge performance improvment.....at least thats what I get out of it :)

is installing and setting up SLI really that difficult? exactly how is it done ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom