Ram-to-Cpu Ratio 'Fix?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalker101

Beta member
Right now I'm Running
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+ ***at 2.45 GHz
and 3.00 GB of DDR2 RAM

I have a display which tells me how much CPU and Ram are being used at any given point. My Ram Constantly sits at 21% whilst my CPU is very unstable and can go from anywhere 2% to 100% depending on whats being loaded. I'm just wondering if there is any way to make my computer use more RAM to make it faster.

Are you saying your ram usage never goes past 21% even when you're running a program?
I can tell you right off that whatever program you're using is NOT functioning properly.
It's normal for the cpu usage to spike up to 100% when a program is first being loaded, and the level it averages at when running a program depends on the program.

Let me put it this way. My ram DOES change from time to time, but it never spikes and never goes past 30%. Its odd because last night I was sitting at 21% stable, and now im sitting at 28% stable. I have no programs open or running except Firefox.
You still haven't answered my original question of it being possible or not to manipulate my computer to focus on ram rather than CPU.

Play nice Stalker. That is not a way to get a answer by snapping back at someone who is trying to just understand what you are asking.

To be honest unless we know what processes you have running and what startup applications you have. We can not tell you why the CPU spikes but eh RAM stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom