no power

Status
Not open for further replies.
sithspawn is rong.. yea it only takes a little amperage to kill u, but the minimum voltage requirement to harm u is 30 volts.. so if theres not 30v or higher behind those amps, u wont be hurt at all... its also hard to die from a shock most of the time also, because the shock has to pass threw your heart to kill u, like go from shoulder to shoulder ,instead of just passing down the left side of your body to ground.

and there is a limit to the amound of live volts u can work with, once u reach a sertain voltage(i forgot wat#) it has no conductive limit, it will pass threw anything... example- like if u take off a sparkplug wire on a running car, the spark will jump threw air to get to the plug.

I was holding my tongue on that one, but I'll laugh now.

Gotta love that line:

"50,000 V live wires and be fine. Only amps will kill you..."

Yep. Lick that wire, baby...No amps in there!

And it doesn't matter where you get shocked. You can have a charge go in one foot and out the other foot, and you can still die. Gotta watch yer heart don't stop. That's the kicker.

"You can have a charge go in one foot and out the other foot, and you can still die" <--no it wont, you'l just have severly burned feet.

depending on resistance and if open, current/amperage and voltage are directly related. Amperage, or current is the moving of the electrons and voltage is the force. It will tend to be on an open circuit (as in NO resistance, like a power wire) the higher the voltage the higher the amperage. This is not the case, of course, in appliances due to transformers as well as resistors and such. Anyhow, they can both do you harm, dont think neither can kill you either. The path can also kill you, even if not through the heart. It can literally burn other internal organs and fry nevervous systems.

sithspawn is not wrong. volts will not kill you. they will only hurt like hell. Amperage is the current and only that will kill you.

and i have experience with the 50000v part. in 1st year physics we all took turns in putting our hand through a 5cm spark (which is 50000v) and besides a sting we were fine. By the way, i do know what im talkign about. im in my last year of my physics degree.

Ill spell out what im saying a bit so you can understand.

Voltage(V) = Current(I) * Resistance(R)
therefore: I = V/R
If you have a very small resistance (say you barefoot, which is approximately 0) and only a voltage of say, 12 volts, or even 1 volt. It doesnt take a genius to see that 1Volt divided by a very small number is a very big number for the current. and since it only takes .3milli-amps to kill you, yes it will kill you. (and if a current passes through you to ground it WILL go through your heart.)

read a good damn science book before you think you know everything jolancer

"before you think you know everything jolancer" <--lol that would be cool.

physics deals with a lot more stuff then electricity. so i may know just as much as u do about electricity.

and, your still rong.. it takes a sertain amount of volts + current. if u knew how you 50000v class experiment worked, u would prolly understand... i would guess thy were using a 12v source since that seems to be commonly used a lot. then divide 50000 by 12, use that # to divide the totall current allowed in the 12v circut and thats wat u were shocked by... incase u didnt already know.. the # of wattage input to a transformer is the same # of wattage it outputs.

and electriciy traveling threw your body will not go threw your heart unless your heart is in its path twords ground... thats y emergency workers, have to place the shock boots(i dont know wat there called) of the defibulator on each side of the heart, otherwise the current will not pass threw it.

you jsut said a whole bunch of stuff that doesnt even make sense....First of all, i do know how the experiment worked since i set it up. And its not a 12 volt source....its a motor that drives a changing magnetic field (which as you probably didnt know causes a electric current) that causes a spark to jump 5 cm (50000V). And by what you are saying you know next to nothing about electricity. And you are talking about 'allowed current'...theres no such thing. If you read my post above the one you just wrote, read it slowly cause obviously you have a learning problem, it makes perfect sense. and no its not the same wattage in = same wattage out. you arethinking about current. Kirchhoffs FIRST rule. conservation of current....

"physics deals with a lot more stuff then electricity. so i may know just as much as u do about electricity." No crap, but considering i have done elec consistently through the lsat 3 years i think i know just a little bit about it....

I say again: volts will cause you NO harm whatsoever unless there is insufficient resistance to stop a large current passing through....V=IR (READ THAT CAREFULLY JOLANCER)

ok, there is no reason i can come up with, about y some one with 3 years of studying electricity, doesnt understand how it works?

1. Quot from sithspawn--> "a 12V wire can easily carry enough amps to kill you"<-- tell me how this is acomplished and i will give u 1 million $.

2. u still dont understand your own experiment, and i will tell u how it works if ur curiouse, but u prolly wont understand.

3. i proved u are insane from (#1) lmao, so everyone else can just ignore(as will i) watever your going to blabber on about.

helpmeplease said:
you still don't get it do you?

the point of a forum is to try to help each other. not to boost your ego proving how brilliant you are by insulting someone else without offering anything constructive.
Most of the time, most of the people in this forum are very helpful. I have learned a lot from these people. But, I'm sorry, even noobs or rookies like me know not to do that. It is just plain common sense that you learn in grade school. Expect to get laughed at. You should be laughing now yourself, because it's running now and the wire cutting is in the past. Stick around, read some threads, learn more before you go into your computer case again.

1. Quot from sithspawn--> "a 12V wire can easily carry enough amps to kill you"<-- tell me how this is acomplished and i will give u 1 million $.
I already ahve but anyway...
V(voltage)=I(current)*R(resistance)
I(current)=V(voltage)/R(resistance)
If you touch a 12V wire and you are barefoot and grounded, your resistance is pretty close to 0. For example, your resistance is probably around 1x10^-3 Ohms. Now thats a pretty small number but it would be even smaller if you were wet or something. Now lets go back to the equation now we have some values to put in...remember
I=V/R
I=12/1x10^-3
I=12000 Amps
Wow. is that a big number? Is it bigger than 3 milli-amps? Whats that?? YES???? gee.
Can i have my million dollars now??

and i would love to hear your explanation of how the exp was set up....

on the same not lets do this again:
you touch a 50000V wire, but you have insulated shoes on. Now during the experiment we were wearing heavily insulated (high resistance) shoes. Im talking about 40 Mega ohms here...which is 40x10^6 if you need me to spell it out for you.

Okay here we go again with more values:
I=V/R
I=50000/40x10^6
I=.00125amps
my god...thats lower than 3 milli-amps....

QED you fool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom