problem with updating bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokka37

Solid State Member
Hi all bios ver.0201 on mobo,got the asus update bios utility ver7.14.01. downloaded the bios ver. 0701 unzipped it and it was a .rom ext. tried to install update thru internet and got no flash file was found on dlsvr003.asus.com. also closed all anti-virus,firewall on comp. restarted hit del key bios setup hit f5 and f10 saved,exit rebooted and ran the update and started asus utility,install from file and said flash image does not match
bios image and exit close program. i do not have a floppy disc drive on this comp. Is there any way to update besides using the dos method? sorry I am not good at built comps, this is my 1st one had dell,hp etc. and those are basically auto. thanks in advance.

m2n-vm dvi mobo nvidia GeForce 7050 pv/ nvidia nforce 630a
amd athalon64x2 4200+ 2.2ghz
4gb ddr2 sdram pc4200 800ghz
vista home premium 64bit

You will have to see if you can do it from a USB Thumb Drive. Also if i am not mistaken Asus has a Windows utility for this. Have you seached for that?

I have used a program called winflash. But it is made by Phoenix, which made my bios, so I don't know if it is a generic program or if it is strictly to Phoenix bios'. Search google for a flashing program in windows with your bios make.

thanks for responding, i went to radio shack and got a 2gb flash drive and used the asus biosflash 2 and installed the 0701 ver. bios it said at asus.com thats the latest bios ver. i had 0201 ver. the reason i updated bios my comp is haveing heat issues 61c/141f when i use win.med.plyr. at idle its now at 38c/ 99f i cant run any benchmark tests it will overheat and auto shut down,I reseeded the hsf and same might have to get a aftermarket hsf and see if that helps. this is a new comp. thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom