PLN File Extension Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghowthoo

Solid State Member
Hello all,

I have some files that are PLN extensions. I have searched online to find out what they are and they seem to be anyone of the following:

Adobe InDesign 3rd Party Plug-in
Corel WordPerfect (PlanPerfect)
CTP Scene Definition
ArchiCAD 3D Model File
Home Plan Pro Architecture Design
RealFlight Radio Control Airplane
Microsoft Flight Simulator Flight Plan
Psion Organiser Spreadhsheet file
and the list goes on.

At first I thought it was a 3D ArchiCAD file and tried numerious apps - Bravia, quick view plus, myriad, etc - but later noticed the names of the PLN, which appears to be "spreadsheet" orientented (i.e. "BUDGET1990.PLN" ). So I went ahead and tried Wordperfect and all the other spreadsheet type applications but no luck.

I was wondering if anybody knew of any types of applications that would be able to view these types of files? I am leaning towards "Psion Organiser Spreadsheet file" now considering I cannot find anything on the net so far. The type of file that the Psion deals with appears to be of a Palmpilot type.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Right click the file and see if you can open it with notepad. That will let you at least try to see what the contents are. Did you sycn up your PC with any portable device that woul can think of that would have given you this type of file association?

Hey Mak213,

Thanks for the reply! When I try to open it up in notepad its just plain jibberish. I am leaning torwards it being some sort of 3D file or most likely a spreadsheet orientented file from a PalmPilot or similiar. I was given these files and were asked to find out what they were, so it wasnt created by me unfortauntely.

I am guessing more of a PalmPilot software. I have tried numerous applications such as Quick View Plus, Bravia, Pro Viewer, etc but no luck so far.

Perhaps I could try AutoCAD itself to see if it can open these files. Although I do not believe the names of the files correspond to any type of architectural material. More along the lines of spreadsheets, balances and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom