Is this build compatible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya the thing is i am not sure yet if it actually is ddr400. I did some googles on "P4I65G pc2100" and found out the board does support it. I guess this board also happens to be a dream to overclock with so that is a plus, maybe with a heatsynk i can get the cpu fast enough for BR-D compatibility with a $100 HD gpu.

Well i am ordering the motherboard right now and will have this all put together on Tuesday. I will come back and let you guys know how it went (pictures included). Thanx for all your help and all the patients.

Ok sorry for double posting, but i just wanted to bump this topic back up rather than clutter the forum with another thread. Because of the long weekend shipping was not as fast as i would have liked. The motherboard and power supply should be here any day.

So i am starting to look into graphic cards now. It is the only part left for this build, besides a couple fan grills. Here is what i have so far. I am looking for the best agp card (has to have either s-video, component, or rca output) i can get that fits the system. I would also like to find a pci card that would let me hook up a playstation2 and or cable/satelite box to the pc.

ASRock P4I65G Motherboard (new) $68
Intel p4 2.66ghz cpu with stock heatsynk
2x512 DDR226 pc2100
Thermaltake TR2 W0070 430W (new) $34
120gig IDE Hitachi HDD 7200rpm
120gig IDE Seagate HDD 7200rpm
NetPro Case with floppy drive and modem.
5 80mm fan (cutting side and top port in case myself)
Lg IED DVD burner
LG 17" Flatscreen VGA CRT

I can not order from newegg because i am in Canada. I was looking at some HD 2600s on other sites for about the same price. Do you think any card will allow for blu-ray with that cpu at stock speeds ? I am not sure if we are overclocking this thing.

What is the difference between a x1650gt and a HD 2600xt ?

This is the one i had in mind so far, but am willing to spend a lot more now.

ATI Radeon X1650 Pro 512MB GDDR2 AGP 8x DVI VGA HDTV Video Card 100-437809 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

This one here caught my eye too, but i know this pc will be xp only for good so the dx10 is not reason to go with it for me.

HIS Radeon HD 2600 Pro Video Card - 512MB DDR2, AGP 8x, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HTDV, HDMI Support, Video Card H26PF512ANP in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

Sorry about the newegg link.

I would get the HD2600 pro since it says it supports blu-ray. I'm not sure if that cpu will be fast enough for smooth playback or not but a HD2600 pro will certainly help.

I am liking that $90 sapphire a lot. With that sapphire will this pc be able to play a lot of newer games (excluding Crysis) on 1024x768 or 800x600 with low settings? It would definitely handle WoW maxed out hey ? Is there any quality loss or problems that come from using a dvi - vga adapter ?

I am liking that $90 sapphire a lot. With that sapphire will this pc be able to play a lot of newer games (excluding Crysis) on 1024x768 or 800x600 with low settings? It would definitely handle WoW maxed out hey ? Is there any quality loss or problems that come from using a dvi - vga adapter ?

Well... Yes. DVI, HDMI, and S-Video are all the "successors" of VGA. Some quality will be lost, but I just switched over to a 22" LCD from an old 17" CRT, (From VGA to DVI) and there isn't a huge difference between the two.

I am going to be going with that Sapphire you pointed out blackhawk. I won't be ordering for about a week. I am taking your advice 100% on avoiding tigerdirect now too, unless they have like a super sick deal i will be sticking with NCIX.com or directcanada.com (sister company of ncix) and i will give canadacomputers.com a try since everyone here suggests it.

I am going to be going with that Sapphire you pointed out blackhawk. I won't be ordering for about a week. I am taking your advice 100% on avoiding tigerdirect now too, unless they have like a super sick deal i will be sticking with NCIX.com or directcanada.com (sister company of ncix) and i will give canadacomputers.com a try since everyone here suggests it.

The great thing about canadacomputers.com is that no matter what you order it's basically a $6.99 shipping/handling charge. It doesn't seem like much, but it really is convenient sometimes. If you're sketchy to order from them, don't be, I've ordered tonnes of stuff from them before. :) Happy hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom