3 old school video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I am unhappy with the gaming performance of my woman's pc. When I built it, I just tossed a 6200 in there so she can at least play older games. Now, while digging around, I came across two other agp cards I have lying around, yet I have no idea of their potential. Stipulation: It has to run Black & White 1 (amazingly, the 6200 cannot run this). So, let the debate begin.

Nvidia 6200 256mb
Nvidia 5700GT 256mb
Radeon 9200LE ???mb

I'm thinking the 5700GT may have a slight advantage...

I'm not buying a new card right now, if I did, it would have to be AGP and under 50 bucks, a helluva steal so to speak.

You mean 5700LE?

This is what I have. It runs things nicely for a card of its age. I have no idea about that game though. Try them all out and see which one performs the best. I think the 5700 will beat the Radeon, but I'm not sure.

You could look for a 7600GT which is a half decent card on the AGP format although there is the option of a 3850 but they're quite expensiveve at what your're looking for.

the 5700 would probably be best.

I would agree. THe 6200 is pretty weak I think, the 5700's are pretty good for their price back in the day. I think that 5700 would be the best out of all three. The 9200 is pretty weak btw, definitely wouldn't use that.

If it helps I had a BFG 5600 256mb card that I played all sorts of games on including Black and White 1. Oblivion even ran at low if I used the Old Oblivion mod. But yeah Doom3, Quake 4, HL2, all of that.

So, come to find out, I'm a scatter brain, I have a 5600XT. I was wrong on the series and suffix, what was I thinking...
I'm crossing my fingers, I think it may still be better than a plain jane 6200, both are 256mb.

Wait, PCI? It's not in a PCI slot, can't be...
5600xtfl8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom