Anyone read the Nvidia forums lately ???? Re-thinking 750i !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only time FPS doesn't matter is when it's above your monitors refresh rate. I've also heard that since most humans can only see 30fps that anything above it doesn't really matter. But ****, i still notice the difference between 80 fps and 250 fps in cs:s, lol.

And i think SLI'd 8800 gts 512's will perform better then a single gx2. Even more so with higher resolutions. But then again it depends on the game your playing, and people are saying AoC loves sli.

p.s. everytime i see AoC i think of my favorite old skewl game Empire Earth: Art of Conquest <333

yeah, and I agree 2x any good card would outperform the gx2. Look's like a game designer finally did something right concerning sli. i might have to make the swap in a month or two. Just sucks because I love my motherboard :S

SLI still isn't very practical... Stick with what you got. And if you really want to, since you have the x38 you might be set up for a nice crossfire setup when those 4870's come out.

I decided against crossfire and sli because I play at 1600x1200 or below atm :0.

I don't believe the 4870's are going to be ati's saving grace like everyone thinks.

And I can't keep this gx2. it runs too hot. I can't do anything with it unless I run it at 100% fan speed and thats over 45db. louder than all heck. And it's cost nearly 400$ just to watercool it. Waste of money. Forgot to turn the fan up once and it broke 110celcius in under 20 seconds.

I play 1920x1200 :S Or i'd like to. The gx2 can't do it in AoC. not in groups or towns. And even If I tried fan speed won't matter it breaks 100c

Practical or not, I'll just disable one of the 9900gtx's if the situation calls for it. I can watercool two of those for the same price as one gx2, and I can keep them for a long long time to come.

And on a side note Nvidia refuses to make any comment on how broken the 9800gx2 is with HDMI, let alone fix it, so this card isnt even working properly with my monitor. Stuck using VGA cables, its disgusting. Picture is garbage. It's such a simple fix too. All they need to do is tell the card my monitor is Not an HDTV. Problem solved. There's a ton of people with the same problem, and they're just ignoring it. ****es me off.

I don't believe the 4870's are going to be ati's saving grace like everyone thinks.

And I can't keep this gx2. it runs too hot. I can't do anything with it unless I run it at 100% fan speed and thats over 45db. louder than all heck. And it's cost nearly 400$ just to watercool it. Waste of money. Forgot to turn the fan up once and it broke 110celcius in under 20 seconds.

I play 1920x1200 :S Or i'd like to. The gx2 can't do it in AoC. not in groups or towns. And even If I tried fan speed won't matter it breaks 100c

Practical or not, I'll just disable one of the 9900gtx's if the situation calls for it. I can watercool two of those for the same price as one gx2, and I can keep them for a long long time to come.

And on a side note Nvidia refuses to make any comment on how broken the 9800gx2 is with HDMI, let alone fix it, so this card isnt even working properly with my monitor. Stuck using VGA cables, its disgusting. Picture is garbage. It's such a simple fix too. All they need to do is tell the card my monitor is Not an HDTV. Problem solved. There's a ton of people with the same problem, and they're just ignoring it. ****es me off.

Thats gay.

I think the 4870 will be **** good, they claim a single 4870 will cost $245 or less and be equal to or better than a 3870x2

If that is true, depending on what nvidia releases I am at least buying one. I love my 8800 gt but I love new hardware more ;)

22" 1680x1050. Some can do 1920x1200 but not many and they're more expensive. may as well just go 24 if you shoot for one of those.

and if you're talkin about maxing out all draw distances and stuff no i dont think an 8800 gts can take the heat for a Solid 55fps through anything. Maybe if you SLI them sure. maybe 35-40. which is still decent.

just turn down some of the high quality drawdistance options.

i'd compare AoC to crysis performance wise... Except maybe one resolution notch ahead.

you're pretty right on there aukbane. my rig with a gts and a 1920 x 1200 24" everything high 4x/8x will average (i'm figurung what i see on fraps...lol, my "copy" doesn't have the built in benchmark) 30ish FPS. heavy duty blowing **** up will dip to around 25. if my cpu could handle it (and i'm pretty sure i have bottleneck with one card, running cpu at 3-3.2ghz) and i was running 2 cards, i dont think there would be a problem getting 50-55.

Thats gay.

I think the 4870 will be **** good, they claim a single 4870 will cost $245 or less and be equal to or better than a 3870x2

If that is true, depending on what nvidia releases I am at least buying one. I love my 8800 gt but I love new hardware more ;)

sure if crossfire 4870 can beat sli 9900gtx then i'll go ati. but ati's continually failed to impress me, i don't see it changing any time soon. heck right now nvidia isnt even impressing me lol.

wish someone would just drop the bomb and raise the bar high enough to make a difference.

sure if crossfire 4870 can beat sli 9900gtx then i'll go ati. but ati's continually failed to impress me, i don't see it changing any time soon. heck right now nvidia isnt even impressing me lol.

wish someone would just drop the bomb and raise the bar high enough to make a difference.

Ya, and I'm hoping within the following months that bar will be sky high. I'm not dedicated to ATI, or nvidia at this point, once my own eyes see a lot of solid benchmarks and prices, I won't make a single purchase. No more of this "zomg new thing just came out gotta buy it right away" for me. Speculation drains my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom