Dual core Vs Quad core ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes as the games are not Quad-optimized it would do better witha higher core-clock

Actually, there are plenty of games that are optimized for quad core. Also, toms did a test on quads/duals/video cards to see at what point the speed of the chip becomes a non-issue. Anything more than about 3.2ghz is enough to get the full power of the video card. Unless you plan to replace your chip in a year, get a quad core. Games are already starting to use all 4 cores now, you can always add speed, you cant add cores.

Guru3d just did a comparison of dual and quad chips.....

So then, the hardcore truth today is a very simple fact: you'll gain a better bang for buck in your games from a faster clocked dual-core processor opposed to having a somewhat slower clocked quad-core processor. That doesn't mean though that quad-core processors offers less value. Contrary, and I know I've been evangelizing it for over a year now, but the future is multi-core gaming, the fact is just that dual-core is the sweet spot value wise anno 2008 as 95% of the games still only use one and maybe two CPU cores.

CPU scaling in games with dual & quad core processors

interesting...

but for just a little more than half the price of a q6600... I can get a e7200 and pump out 3.2gigs overclocked (pretty easily I hope :) ) Then maybee upgrade next year when 8 cores come out or something :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom