$1000 Gaming Computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Ok so I just got my Stimulus check and I want to get myself a nice Gaming computer. I have $1000 to spend. I dont need a Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, just the Computer. I was thinking of playing Age of Conan.

Ok so heres what I have so far:

Q6600 - $214
Evga 8800GTS G92 - $259
Seagate 250GB 32MB cache - $80
Corsair 650W - $110
Crucial Balistix Tracers 2GB DDR2 800 - $65
Antec 900 - $120
Samsung DVD Burner - $25
NEED MOTHERBOARD!!! - $???

Total - $909.54 (After Shipping)

Almost got it down to 1k but the ASUS Maximus Formula is open box and that doesnt sounds good to me so i need a differnet motherboard...also I dont know if the GTS is worth it maybe I should just go with the 8800GT for $50 less. Can anyone help me tweak this please!

Thanks!

Looks good but Ballistix sucks now..

you can get a Crucial Ballistix Tracer instead or a 4gb OCZ ReaperX Kit instead

You should also consider soft modding that Maximus Formula into a Rampage Formula later on.. (it becomes an x48 board)

Maybe not get an Antec 900 and buy some better RAM, because the Ballistix will probably limit your overclocking potential now that its one side (wow never thought I'd say that about Ballistix RAM.. lol)

Do you plan on ever sli'ing?

Cause if your not I would strongly suggest getting something along the lines of a DS3L. I honestly see no point in paying tons more for a mobo if your not going to SLI.

No I will never go SLI. What is a good motherboard that could get a Q6600 to 3.6 and is cheap?

is the Evga 8800GTS worth the xtra $50 over the Evga 8800GT?

Like alex said, go with the P35-DS3L. It is a great board for overclocking, and it's very nicely priced. Much better than your current mobo.

As to your graphics quandry, it depends on what type of 8800GTS you have. Are you talking about the 512Mb? in which case, yes it's better. If it's the 640 or 320, then no.

yes the 512 G92 version. You think it is indeed worth the $50 extra for the upgrade from 8800GT to 8800GTS G92?

P35-DS3L is only 104 looks good but it is sold out...they have an open box version for only $75 is it worth it to get it open box?

they have an open box version for only $75 is it worth it to get it open box?

Definitely NO. Unless you're buying from a supplier that you've bought from before and trust completely. Otherwise if you buy it, and it doesn't work, your screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom