Task Scheduler

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewalesaver

Baseband Member
When I try to create a task to run using Task Scheduler (in Vista),
i get an error message when i get to the end and click finish.
The error message is:
"An error has occured for task Reminders - No Password Required. Error Message: The specified account name is not valid."
I also get this message when I first start Task Scheduler.
Any ideas on what I should do? :confused:

If i am not mistaken the task scheduler is busted in Vista and has been for some time. I will have to see if i can find any info on that.

If i am not mistaken the task scheduler is busted in Vista and has been for some time. I will have to see if i can find any info on that.

Ok well, besides Task Manager, is there any other way to make a program start up when my computer starts? (thats the only reason i was trying to use task manager.) :confused:

Place a shortcut to the executable of the program in the Startup folder in the Start Menu.

What Carnage said is absolutely right. Task scheduler is for setting a applicaiton to do something at a certain time. Not when you boot the machine cause that is never at a certain set time.

You want it to run on startup you have to place it in that folder on the start menu and it will run when you startup.

youre talking about "C:\Users\thewalesaver\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup", right? :confused:

If that is the file path to the startup folder on your start menu. Yes.

youre talking about "C:\Users\thewalesaver\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup", right? :confused:

Easier way is to: Create shortcut on desktop. Click on the icon once/hold the click > drag it down to the start menu > drag it into the folder called Startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom