Cant break 2900mhz barrier with E6300

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Roberto

In Runtime
As the title says i am trying to get a higher overclock on my E6300, but i just cant break 2911mhz (7x416). I have tried increasing the FSB voltage by +0.1v and have tried various CPU voltages up-to 1.4v (at 2911mhz it only needs 1.325v). I have even tried loosening the RAM timings from 5-5-5-15 to 6-10-10-17. is there anything i am missing or is that just the limit of my chip?

My rig;
-E6300
-2gb OCZ ddr2 800
-Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R
-Leadtek 9800gtx
-Corsair 520HX PSU
-Cooled by a TRUE

Also idle temp is ~29c and load is ~50c

What is your RAM multiplier set at? If your running at a FSB of 416 with DDR2 800 you're gonna want the ram multiplier to be at 2, running at a 1 : 1 ratio.

If you run CPU-Z with your current 2911mhz (7x416) overclock check how much the RAM is being overclocked as well. If its pushing over 1000mhz, you'll prob want to lower the ram multiplier in the BIOS.

If I'm talking out my ***, feel free to slap me :) I just remember having to do this when I was overclocking my system, as I was pushing the RAM too far and making my system unstable.

I can't stress enough about ocing the CPU alone without the ram. Ocing both will only cause headaches finding where the problem is. Underclock the ram so its not going to be the culprit and continue ocing your CPU. Then go back and oc the ram and underclock your CPU. Find both max's and go from there.

it is allready running 1:1 thereforeit is running at ddr 836 pretty mild overclock if you ask me. thirdshiftdj i didnt know it was possible to overclock the cpu and not the ram how do i do this as it is linked to the FSB? (please note 7 is this cpu's highest multiplier.)

oh ok then, maybe this is the limit of my chip (it has an insanely high VID(something like 1.378v)). I have just ordered a q6600, G0 with a vid of 1.212v so ill have to see if i have any luck with that.

A New Zealand site called trademe, the trader has good feedback 160+ positive so im pretty sure i can trust what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom