antivirus program will not launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

lheggie

Baseband Member
hi, a friend of mine recently was having computer problems so i had them scan the computer for spyware with spybot search and destroy 1.3 and then scan with adaware se . the programs detected a lot of spyware and removed it.. I then asked her to run her virus scan.. only to learn that she did not have one so i told her to download AVG and run it.. AVG found many things and was able to repair the problems it detected.. well after several hours of being at her house and helping her to do al lof this.. I headed home. then this morning i get a call that she tried to launch AVG by double clicking on it and it comes up for a few seconds and then disappears.

I had her run scans with both spybot and adaware se again and they did not detect anything on the computer.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you i advanced for your time.

Also, I'm not sure if this is relevent, but AVG DOES NOT work in any sort of netwoked environmet. I got that from the website when I thought about using it.

last nigth tried uninstall and reinstall and did all the updates and ran a complete scan of the system. it left and came home then this morning i get another call that it will not launch.

the computer is not networked and uses a dial up connection to connect to the internet.

full scans have been run with spybot and with adaware se.

it is windows xp home edition with all of the critical updates applied.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

i had problems like this with a couple AVS my problem was that there was someone controlling my comp with a trojan and he had been watching everthing i did so when he found out i got an AV he deleted this file witch stopped my av from booting. to fix it, I went into safemode and reinstalled my av then scanned deleted and i was fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom