8800gt brand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
I've seen this sale

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-NX88T512HPV1 GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

139.00 after rebate and this sob is overclocked nicely... although it doesn't spec the memory speed.. weird...

I've had my heart set on the EVGA's.. with the step up program.. so I think I could upgrade my 8800gt sli to 8800gts g92 sli?

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-NX88T512HPV1 GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

that's the beauty right there, $5 difference from the 600/1800 to 650/1900

overall is the gigabyte which is giving a free game with it for 139.. (sounds like a generic board)

compared to the EVGA's which are crafted very nicely.. I even might go spend a couple extra bucks for the dual slot cooling..

well it really depends weather u like evga's warrenty and step up vs the cooling

id say that your gonna get a better oc outta the gigabyte cards just because of the coolers but you also gotta take into mid that the gigabyte card doesnt have cooling on the ram chips, ya it might get some air flow but taht isnt enough imo, you can pick up some ramsinks like this:
Newegg.com - ZALMAN ZM-RHS1 VGA RAM Heatsink - VGA Cooling

but is seam like every time i look at these there outta stock on newegg

but here are some others:
Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop

I own a Gigabyte 8800GT. It's the one with the full black face plate. I bought the gigabyte one becuase it was on sale at Christmas when they were $250. It overclocks nicely to the EVGA AKIMBO speeds. Nothing wrong with gigabyte cards

I just noticed that the packaging and all the accessories are the same as what I was sent. I got a free copy of NWN2 as well. Interesting, it looks to be the same card with a different cooler is all. Like I said nothing wrong with my card and it overclocks very high, i'd say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom