BIOS Update Fears

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroplane22

Baseband Member
So I used ABIT's desktop utility to update my BIOS. Everything went according to plan, it downloaded the new BIOS files and then proceeded to flash. I had all applications closed and it asked for a reboot.

As soon as the computer restarted, I had a blank screen and was greeted with continuous (unending) Long Beeps... *Long Beep*, Pause, *Long Beep*

So, I removed the CMOS battery and now all it does is sit at the BIOS logo screen. No power to the keyboard that I can tell and it doesn't load past that. I can't get into BIOS settings.

Did my motherboard get fried? I'm at wit's end, I just did a reformat yesterday.

Did you check Abit forums? Ask there. I never use any utilities to flash. I strictly use a flash drive. Which bios did you upgrade to, bios 16? I flashed mine w/ the XE bios.

Well I resolved the issue by removing all but 1 stick of RAM. The PC now boots into Vista.

Now I'm trying to work a problem with it not detecting the "PCI to PCI Bridge Drivers" and effectively disabling my Video Card.. and sound card too, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom