Anyone read the Nvidia forums lately ???? Re-thinking 750i !

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 9800GTX SLI scales nearly 100% in Age of Conan. I get 28ish FPS with it disabled, and 55+ with it on. And the "corruption" issue has been dealt with, and was primarily an issue on the 780i. Every review i have read of the 750i has been flawless. Soon as i get my finances sorted out, due to this whole missing 6 weeks of pay from changing job (temp to full time) i'm probably going to order one myself. That is unless nvidia finally releases a 7** board with hybrid power.

those of you guys talking strictly FPS... Can u even REALLY tell the difference between 28 and 55 FPS ???

I mean even 28 has got to be MORE than acceptable... am I wrong ? Does another 20 frames make the game any more enjoyable or anything ?

Definitely, usually 28FPS involves a bit of stutering during gameplay

while 55FPS its usually silk smooth (or from what I've heard... never played a game with that much FPS)

those of you guys talking strictly FPS... Can u even REALLY tell the difference between 28 and 55 FPS ???

I mean even 28 has got to be MORE than acceptable... am I wrong ? Does another 20 frames make the game any more enjoyable or anything ?

yeah you're wrong. I can change settings to play AoC at 25fps, and at 55-60 fps and theres a MASSIVE difference in gameplay and speed. 25fps imo is unacceptable and would warrent lowering graphics in AoC. it stutter/chugs, and your combat speed is lowered, probbaly because of how combat is set up, dunno.

Now an old game like FFXI online, 25fps is fine. heck they have it capped at 29.4 max. But not a whole lot actually happens in it. lol. 25 is probbaly fine in wow too, dunno.

from what ive read crossfire scales better then sli so it would actually be more future proof

how can u say that crossfire is more future proof. its a back and forth battle between which cards perform better and it depends on the application. u can also factor in price at points.

22" 1680x1050. Some can do 1920x1200 but not many and they're more expensive. may as well just go 24 if you shoot for one of those.

and if you're talkin about maxing out all draw distances and stuff no i dont think an 8800 gts can take the heat for a Solid 55fps through anything. Maybe if you SLI them sure. maybe 35-40. which is still decent.

just turn down some of the high quality drawdistance options.

i'd compare AoC to crysis performance wise... Except maybe one resolution notch ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom