Is it possible to put Microsoft Publisher into a shared folder on a network....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dchampion

Solid State Member
and then open it on different computers through the folder, even if the computer doesn't have Microsoft Publisher installed on it?

I would just use the disc to install it on each individual computer, but I don't have the disc anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nope cant do it. There are resgistry entries and profile folders and all sorts of other data that is kept on the isntalled PC. Need that stuff to run it just like any other applicaiton.

bummer :\

is it possible to put a setup for publisher in the shared folder and then install it on the other computers?

You could do that but you would be violating the EULA of Microsoft. 1 Serial 1 PC. Unless you purchased a VLK.

Well, that I did not..... thank you for the information and the quick reply

Osiris, I also need to be able to modify documents through publisher

Keep a master copy, edit the document, then share it for others to view. If you only want them to view, this should work. If you want them to edit, then see if it works from .pdf to .pub and keep exchanging the docs that way. :cool:

Would I be able to modify the document after I changed it from a pdf to a pub, even if Publisher isn't installed on the computer?

If you change the format you wouldnt need Publisher on the other PC as it would be using the PDF not the .pub file. The only time you would be able to edit the file is on teh system that has Publisher on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom