Graphics cards ..... best out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is OCing out of the question? It is literally as simple as:

1. Download Riva Tuner online.
2. Install Riva Tuner to your computer.
3. Open Riva Tuner and select your card.
4. Adjust the sliders to overclock by 50-100MHz or as much as needed.
5. Hit apply and run 3dMark06 to see the difference it made!

A friend of mine, Veedubfreak, talked me into getting the 9800GTX and OC it and I LOVE it. I OC it easily to 800 core, 2k shader, 1200 mem and I'm able to run AoC in high mode, 8x AA and I get 54 fps in low traffic areas, and 34 FPS in high traffic areas. Without the OC it would hiccup when loading a new set of graphics, but OC'd, it's like butter man. Though I only went with it because I was able to get the EVGA card on sale for 239 at TigerDirect.

I also love my 9800GTX. Too bad I will only have it for another month when I step up to the GTX 260.

ok OCing is in i never knew it was so easy i was honestly thinking it would be a case of 2 hours in the CMOS / BIOS and 4 hours testing if its stable

any confirmed dates for the new cards i.e. 4xxx, 9900GTX or GTX 260, and someone care to explain the GTX 260 & GTX 280

A friend of mine, Veedubfreak, talked me into getting the 9800GTX and OC it and I LOVE it. I OC it easily to 800 core, 2k shader, 1200 mem and I'm able to run AoC in high mode, 8x AA and I get 54 fps in low traffic areas, and 34 FPS in high traffic areas. Without the OC it would hiccup when loading a new set of graphics, but OC'd, it's like butter man. Though I only went with it because I was able to get the EVGA card on sale for 239 at TigerDirect.

Hey, how are you getting better frame rates than me? Are you only running 1680x1050? And the card was 269, if you got it for 239 i'm totally going to gank you tonight when i log on. Having gone from SLI GTS512, to SLI 9800GTX i can say without a doubt, that the GTX definately has better image quality than the 8800 did. I havent tried overclocking mine just yet, but if the GX2 is any indication, i was able to push the core up to around 740 and memory to 1150. Considering the GTX runs quite a bit cooler, i'm hoping for at least 800/2000/2300.

Single GTX plays Age of Conan at 28ish FPS with highest settings, no AA, and 1920x1200. SLI'd i get 55-60 FPS. So the GTX definately scales better in SLI than my GTS's did.

Also, get evga and step up next month :) Its what i'm doing.

Hey, how are you getting better frame rates than me? Are you only running 1680x1050? And the card was 269, if you got it for 239 i'm totally going to gank you tonight when i log on. Having gone from SLI GTS512, to SLI 9800GTX i can say without a doubt, that the GTX definately has better image quality than the 8800 did. I havent tried overclocking mine just yet, but if the GX2 is any indication, i was able to push the core up to around 740 and memory to 1150. Considering the GTX runs quite a bit cooler, i'm hoping for at least 800/2000/2300.

Single GTX plays Age of Conan at 28ish FPS with highest settings, no AA, and 1920x1200. SLI'd i get 55-60 FPS. So the GTX definately scales better in SLI than my GTS's did.

Also, get evga and step up next month :) Its what i'm doing.

I still havn't decided if I'm gona go 22'' or 24'' monitor...

I'm gona go 8800GTS initialy just to get my Rig up and running... I want to do the EVGA step up...but its another $50 more than the MSI ($209)

I'm thinking if I do go 24'' I will be more than happy with SLI 8800GTS

BUT, I can only swing the 22'' would a single 8800GTS suffice?

this is ONLY for AoC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom