• IIS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DHCP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
from what I've read, the Geforce 6800 series seems to be doing a considerable amount better than the x800's when playing Doom3.

Ugh Im going crazy trying to figure out which one to get, they both seem to have their ups and downs though.

I'd go with the GeForce. I read the same thing about how it handled doom. Appearantly both the ATI and Nvidia could handle it obviously but you could see more jagged lines in the ATI card than the Nvidia, beyond that the people doing the review said 'Although we arent out to proove what card is better, the GeForce 6800 seems to run doom3 a lot smoother'. It really is a tough call but as far as specs they are almost identicle except the x800 says it draws 700 million vertices to the 6800's 600 million, but nvidias card says it draws 6.4 billion texels to ATI's 6 billion. Either way you're getting an insane card, but honestly I'm out to get the GeForce myself as I've heard that it runs smoother, more stable, plus yeah I preferably like nvidia over ATI. But all in all its your money, the only REAL arguement I could say is that the people doing the doom3 review said that ATI's card had more jagged lines on the floor, rails, etc, stuff like that. Go Nvidia =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom