Build me a Rig for Age of conan !

Status
Not open for further replies.

that build looks great except for the open box special.

I just have something against open box....

does it really matter what brand of new 750i I pick ??? is setting up the bios and installing vista relativly the same iether way ??

also, is that power supply gona be enough since I'm doubling my video cards (SLI) ???

520hx should handle easy, especially since you have a dual not quad
you don't have to get open box, your just paying a bit more for a bit more reliability
750i they're all pretty much the same, get one with a nice warranty and customer service and a pick color scheme and your good to go
for $10 more you can get this over what you have listed
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
disregard newegg reviews (or did i miss something i've been out of it for a while, studying for finals)

i think it does matter which 750i SLI u get. 750i SLI FTW are great overclock mobo and it is PCI-E x16 x16 while the other ones are x8 x8

Your going to be using a large 24" screen with a massive res so i suggest SLI 9600GT's. They can be had for about 285 total which is a great deal.

I can possibly build you:

2x9600GT's
E8400
Stable PSU
750i mobo
2x2GB DDR2-800
250GB HDD

for around 850 shipped.

You could always choose the E7200 CPU for around 50 less which is still a very good CPU and overclocks well. Then you have to add 40 or so for the case though as well.

Is your total budget 800? or could we stretch it to 900 to get you a POWERFUL rig to run Age of Conan beautifully. If 800 is the limit though we can still work with it but 900 for this type of rig is a nice spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom