Outline About Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Daemon Poster
Hi. I would like to create an outline for my friend that is very new about computer. Please post stuff about computers so we can start one.
---------------------------------------------------------
Computer
I.

Still read that. If he wants to learn about computers, as in know it well, it'll take a couple years.

he wants to learn everything about computers like hardware, graphics, programming, etc..

LOL! He might want to start off with the hardware and work his way from that. Then focus on what he likes.

Seriously, there is a lot when it comes to computers. It's impossible to know every thing about them.

He's screwed... tell him to start at Hardware because its far more interesting, Programming is a bit tedious... so after he likes Hardware he should move to Software

He's screwed... tell him to start at Hardware because its far more interesting, Programming is a bit tedious... so after he likes Hardware he should move to Software

Thats not necessarily true. Its just because this forum is mostly people that like hardware instead of software. My friend loves software and programming stuff, but he isn't interested in hardware. So he helps me out with software stuff, and i help him out with hardware stuff.

Just try and see what you like and focus on it.

I bought my first pc before two years (I was 11 years old). I didn't have internet at that time, so i couldn't learn much the first year. I remember i was exploring everything windows had and of course played games. When I conncted to the internet the next year I started learning about hardware and software, I have to say that I was more intrested in Software but also in Hardware. Then about two years ago I started learning much about HTML and Javascript creating my website. After that I got stucked with graphics and photomanipulations (easier than creating logos etc) (some of my work : www.michael92.deviantart\gallery) which is primary for me right now but i also keep practcing on all pc factors. This summer I am going to study about programming (Java & C++).

So I would suggest the following sequence :

~Fundamental learning of the OS XP/Vista (Wouldn't suggest linux for a newb)
~Hardware
~Software
~Coding & scripting mostly for web (HTML/Javascript)
~Graphics
(Could be skipped as I started it for creational fun, but it would be really useful for a neat website)
~Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom