sli MOBO... do I HAVE to SLI initialy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
ok I'm choosing the 750i for my MOBO in order to be able to run 2 graphics cards in the future.

BUT instead of running 2 9600gt cards right now, I'm going to go with a single 8800GTS for the time being....THEN later on down the road I can buy another one and run SLI :)

see any problems with this? will this work ??

How does my build look guys ? fully compatable ??
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX xA Combo Pack ATX-568WBP Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 380W Power Supply - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - Link Depot FAN-4LED-80BU 80mm Blue LED Case Fan - Case Fans
2.59 x 2 Will these work on the back of my case ???

Newegg.com - SIGMA SHARK SP-635 635W ATX12V V2.01 Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Wolfdale 2.53GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors

Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Newegg.com - OCZ ReaperX HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - MSI NX8800GTS 512M OC GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - PHILIPS Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD - Operating Systems

TOTAL (before rebate) = 989.90
After rebate, = $894.90

ok Thats it, do you guys see any possible better deals on comparable items ???

I'm pretty sure thats everything.
my case even comes with free keyboard and mouse :)

I thought you said you were going to run 8800gts g92, but why do you still have two 9600gt's

Why are you getting a IDE Drive?

You do not have to use SLI with this board. It can and will run just one slot and one card just fine! Or two cards in two slots with SLI. Either way that is a great board.

So everything is compatible and hopefully that answers your question and will help you choose the correct GPU path to follow as of right now (which would probably be the single 8800GTS 512mb and maybe SLI in the future).

I thought you said you were going to run 8800gts g92, but why do you still have two 9600gt's

Why are you getting a IDE Drive?

ok I finished it. I wasn't done edditing :)

You do not have to use SLI with this board. It can and will run just one slot and one card just fine! Or two cards in two slots with SLI. Either way that is a great board.

So everything is compatible and hopefully that answers your question and will help you choose the correct GPU path to follow as of right now (which would probably be the single 8800GTS 512mb and maybe SLI in the future).

awesome thanks ! :cool:

I will hopefully be done building it in notime....and off to play AoC :D

If you got forced to get SLI, hardly anybody would have an nVidia board

but IDE has been replaced by SATA (both are HD connectors)

My board is SLI. Never used it, but I could with the right cards. I would like to drop a couple of 9600GTs in it, but I don't really need that much GPU power.

I just gotta add Age of Conan to my newegg shopping cart and I'm all done.

I will probably wait till tomoro to order, just so I can get a few more views from some members :)

You can do that. But personally, if you aren't going to SLI until in the future:

1 top-end card> 2 low-end/mediocre cards.

oh yea, if you want full speed SLI with a 750 board you will need the EVGA FTW because the rest only run 8x-8x SLI, the evga one runs 16x-16x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom