How many fans come with an Antec 900?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm just completely missing it.. but what does this big peice of black plastic with an oval in the middle go to? Where do I stick it? What is this thing?

Heh, i asked the same question. I believe its your 5" > 3" adapter.

Yep, exactly. Its if you have a 3.5" card reader (or a floppy drive =P), and wanna mount it. There should be a bay shield with a rectangle cut out of it, as well.

I see I see.

Anyways, Awsome of Antec to give me the 3 extra fans, I only had room for 2 of them, so one gets thrown into my old Brisbane rig when I find a power supply for it.. Speaking of rigs, the final piece of my Wolfdale rig just came, Now I get to bask in its glory, the case really is a stunner... compared to my old generic black box.

I see I see.

Anyways, Awsome of Antec to give me the 3 extra fans, I only had room for 2 of them, so one gets thrown into my old Brisbane rig when I find a power supply for it.. Speaking of rigs, the final piece of my Wolfdale rig just came, Now I get to bask in its glory, the case really is a stunner... compared to my old generic black box.

I have a spare ultra psu i can part with....i dunno if its just me but it seems to be really loud, if thats not a concern though pm me.

Either I need to do 1.surgery on all the fan connectors 2.find adaptor connectors (more wires to deal with in a case thats not real friendly towards cable managment) or 3.buy all new case fans. Anyone have suggestions on nice quiet, inexpensive fans?

it takes like, 5 seconds to change the pin slots on fan connectors. or maybe i misunderstand?

Needs to change from a 4 pin molex to a 3 pin motherboard header.

So he basically needs to cannibalize a couple 3 to 4 pin converters.

yeah, the three 120's that come with the case come with four pin molex connectors with two wires in them. Id need to find a 4 pin to 3 pin with the 3pin being a female end. All the controllers that ive seen have 3 pin males . All the adapters I find are male ends on the 3 pin. Guess Ill get four of these
Petra's Tech Shop
and this
Petra's Tech Shop
for my Fathers day gift this year. I think it'll look sweet in the 900.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom