Graphics cards ..... best out

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
hey all yet again here again to find out opinions on graphics cards

a long story short i am getting paid friday and was going to go down and pick up a 9800GTX sunday but its a bank holiday weekend and the place is going to be shut so with my work router it's going to be a month before i get up there

so me is here to find out what people's opinions are on as many Graphics cards as possible to find out what would be good for me

my system spec's are in me sig, i'll be getting a Q6600 and OCing so forget the Q9450 in my sig plus i don't have a price in mind, i just want it to run 1950X1080i

Not sure how the 9800GTX compares with the 8800GTS performance wise, but it's just an overclocked 8800GTS 512mb. So if you don't plan on overclocking the 9800GTX, just get an 8800GTS and overclock that. But if you do plan to overclock the 9800GTX you could get much faster clock speeds and would justify the higher price.

What about the GX2, which one was "superior" the GTX or the GX2?

Either way, the new models are coming out somewhere around June 18th. The "9900" series, now called GTX 260 and GTX 280 will be the pilots. The 280 is better of course.

... and yet another edit... No price estimates on those 2 cards yet, but they are supposed to be around June 18th. The most average guess is around 300 for 260 and upwards to mid 400 for the 280, speculation of course. Who knows, maybe they will surprise with a high performance budget pair.

The 9800gtx is a killer overclocker, and its pretty cheap to get, you should stick with it

just get an eVGA one so you can step up (or BFG Tech one) if you want later on

The 9800gtx is a killer overclocker, and its pretty cheap to get, you should stick with it

just get an eVGA one so you can step up (or BFG Tech one) if you want later on

Do this, the new cards that are coming out are going to blow this stuff away. Get a 9800 gtx from evga, the longer you wait the better, and then just step up. Best part is you don't have to look for a good price because that price goes towards your step-up ;)

Of course if the 4870's are as good as they are planned to be, you might regret it :eek:

Do this, the new cards that are coming out are going to blow this stuff away. Get a 9800 gtx from evga, the longer you wait the better, and then just step up. Best part is you don't have to look for a good price because that price goes towards your step-up ;)

Of course if the 4870's are as good as they are planned to be, you might regret it :eek:

no way... is this an EVGA thing ???

if so I'm definatly gona go EVGA 8800GTS as well as the 750i Mobo....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom