Build This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything under 8ms should not show any noticeable ghosting. Atleast not to the normal human eye. I have a 32" 8ms HDTV that never ghosts in video games, and have used literally hundreds of 5ms monitors at work and home (17" and 19" models) and NONE have shown ghosting. I have no idea why the ones you have gotten have shown ghosting, but perhaps what you saw was due to poor refresh rates and not due to response time. Ghosting can appear to happen if you are running 60Hz or less refresh rate. I had that issue on one of my monitors while playing COD4, and once I changed the refresh rate to 75Hz, no more problemas.

^nope, not the refresh rate dude, 8 ms will almost for certain show ghosting...there really is no point in debating this because i know what i have used and what i have seen when gaming.

Likewise for me in far more situations. I have only used 2 8ms TVs and neither ghosted.. but as far as monitors are concerned, I have used way too many of varying size and brand all of which were 5ms and NONE of which ghosted. Perhaps you have much more developed eyesight and notice far greater details because when I have used over 200+ 5ms monitors and none of them ghosted, why would your slight few in comparison have always ghosted?

EDIT: Hopefully I edited this in time before anyone starts an arguement, but basically what it comes down to is that every person is different and some actually will notice ghosting where others do not. Also, it is a matter of what the company is referring to when giving it a response rating: whether it's a gray to gray or a black to white response time measurement can show differences in overall performance. The last thing is that every monitor is different and some 5ms monitors may have better manufacturing, programming, technology, etc than other 5ms monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom