A good AGP video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make sure your mobo supports the P4. It probably will but it may need a BIOS update to work properly. Quick thing to check that may save you a lot fo trouble later.

In all honestly I find that people are just better off with just saving thier money toward a new rig as appose to holding onto the AGP bus.

I can not justify the price tags of a lesser powered AGP video card over much more powerful PCI-E Card that at the same price.

Classis example is this as I work at computer shop.
Both PCI-Express 8600GT 256Mb and AGP 7600GT 256Mb are at the same price. And that is not the mention some of the XFX GF 7900 APG cards which are riduculously priced.

AGP is dead. The extra money spend on APG is better off being used to save up for a new system.

If you would actually click on the link, you would realize that the agp hd3850 is only $150. It does not perform lesser than the pci-e version, either.

In all reality, the upgrade is fine for someone who doesnt want to throw away an old rig, or build a new one. And yes, an hd3850 + p4 will run games smoothly, with high fps.

yes my motherboard supports a pentium 4, (prescot core) I have a 500 watt PSU that does have a 6 pin connector that is in the rig right now. I also bought a PSU for my new rig (in progress, i'm only in high school so I don't have much money) that is a BFG 650 watt if the 500 watt isn't enough.

And for the quote about buying a new rig i'm saving for one right now, i just really want to mod oblivion. (and be able to play it without the "oldblivion" software.)

Yeah id get the card and p4 for now, and save up for a nice rig within a year or so. Then you would just have a backup gaming rig, which could double up as a server/folding box/htpc.

Ok I found $50 :) so i will get a $100 video card and a P4... My dad already has a server in the house... and we got a lot of old junk computers lying around... anyways yeah I will be getting a new computer hopefully by September.

anyways this is the video card i got Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H26PQT512ANP Radeon HD 2600PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

and this is the CPU i'm getting: Newegg.com - Open Box: Intel Pentium 4 3.0E Prescott 3.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket 478 89W Single-Core Processor Newegg deactivated it!!!:(:(:(:(

and probably another heatsink... Newegg.com - MASSCOOL 9T370B1M3 70mm Ball CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks (nothing special but enough for a P4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom