Pc Vs Ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.
im for exclusives. I own a Wii n a high-end PC. The PS3 n Xbox 360 i hardly play. If the same games from PS3 and/or Xbox 360 get ported to PC, then i would like to try a demo of that game first n if i like it, ill buy it for PC.

Kid's in my school say their Xbox's own computers, maybe mine but i'm not sure. We even have physicall fights over it :D

I'm being honest guys, GT5 Prologue > than anything I've ever seen on PC

I haven't seen one racing game come even close - you know why GT5P looks so good? Cuz it's an exclusive!

Yeah, I do enjoy a lot of games on PS3, 360 and Wii as a matter of fact. I enjoy PC more, but the exlcusive platform rights are what make all 3 of them stand out.

Every game should be released to PC then be ported to platform. I remember when every game started to port to PC instead, I noticed a big drop in quality.

Kid's in my school say their Xbox's own computers, maybe mine but i'm not sure. We even have physicall fights over it :D

Tell them that their 3.2ghz tri core will equate to a cheap 2.4 ghz quad we can buy now adays for like $200.

And for those who say consoles are faster, just go upto one of those guys and say, OMG, did you see that new 4870X2 thats comming out!! OMG! You gonna get it!! O? You are? Do you have a PCI-E x16 (2.0?) slot? You dont know what that is? O.... well you stick to your console.

Because my theory is that those idiots will not know even the basics of pc's and wont know what a PCI-E slot is.

*RANT OVER*

My buddy and I just had this debate. What it basically came down to was that consoles are becoming the new computer. The abilities that the ps3 has are remarkable, yet since the PC is always updating and upgrading it will stay ahead. But since games have to be developed for DX rather than a game being developed for simply sony platform it loses edge in that sense. Games are specifically created to fit sony's platform, but in the PC it has to be designed for such a broader spectrum that it loses some details and capabilities. He'll stick with his ps3 and i'll stick with my new rig.

a couple of guys said that a game being exclusive to a platform makes it better. i find that a pretty bizarre statement, how does it only being available on a console make it any better?

Because the game is developed around the console rather than direct X. Think about how the game has to be developed with all the anti alliasing etc etc etc. If a game is made for a console then it is specifically made to run at certain settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom