DES on Gigabyte motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I have been wanting a new motherboard strictly to overclock my proc, a E2140, because it's bottlenecking my oc'd 8600.

Here's a mobo with a P35 chipset that I was super interested in until, low and behold, it's now only sold with the Dynamic Energy Saver (DES). Which, I have heard from other boards that use this is that it will reset your overclock each and everytime you reboot, it will also hide (or lock) the voltage settings everytime you leave the BIOS.

The mobo I was interested in is this:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

I love that it's a Gigabyte, I love the price (that's my limit too, 110 USD max), and I love the chipset, however, DES only seems like a huge problem, one that may completely ruin any overclocking whatsoever on this board that was once a great overclocker.

Any advice or suggestions?

Ah, in the description it says in big red letters "this is replaced by the des version" I just thought that meant that they stopped selling the old version and are now shipping the DES version in it's place.

Glad to know I can still get the old version, thanks!

Ah, in the description it says in big red letters "this is replaced by the des version" I just thought that meant that they stopped selling the old version and are now shipping the DES version in it's place.

Glad to know I can still get the old version, thanks!

as of yesterday, when i had mine RMA'd, they no longer stock them...

I'm just going to do the 1066 BSEL mod and hope nothing blows up with my current rig.

One question about the fickle hsf before I do this, how do I "re" install it? I assume that once the pins to the base are through the mobo, they'll be bent (expanded, however you want to put it), I can reuse this heatsink right? Common sense is telling me yes of course, but the hsf style for LGA775 is completely horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom