everex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Well, ive been working out of town lately and i need something for the hotel at night. i wanted something cheap... im gettin paid in a few days and wanted to get one. ill get about 700 bucks on my check and didnt wanna blow it all on a laptop. and my stimulus check hasn't came yet... but seen laptop on walmart.com site called a everex for 379 what do u guys think about it...

Walmart.com: Everex 15.4" gBook VA1500V Laptop PC w/ VIA C7-M Processor: Computers

Those used to be at Newegg and they are pretty good, even for an unknown brand... they are good for the price

I got a toshiba a135-4666 for $399 from office depot on sale one weekend. It has a pentium dual core @1.73ghz 1gb ram 80gb hdd 15.4 screen etc. If you could wait a little bit, they generally have deals on the weekends.

Looks ok if you like Linux. Shared memory video with only 512k isn't good. I'm sure you can find something much better.

Everex is a very good value brand. Some high end Japanese company owns them I think. They make server boards and Everex is a subsidiary or something. Anyway, they do cut corners, but it's on the extras. Their core product is very nice and good quality in my experience. I was actually thinking of buying one of those same models and putting xp on it for my mom when her b-day comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom