Uninstalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewalesaver

Baseband Member
Please let Makaveli213 answer this:
I know there is alot of crapware installed on your computer before you buy it.
But, i dont know what is safe to uninstall and whats not.
Ive used PC Decrapifier, but there is still some stuff Im not sure about.
Heres a list of items im unsure about:

-RTC Client API v1.2
(I really dont have any idea what this is.)

-Sonic Activation Module
(Maybe this is for games or something, but Im not sure I need it.)

-VC Runtimes MSI
(No idea.)

-Weather Serivces
(The icon makes it look important, or like its a special feature of Vista. I do not use the weather gadget in the sidebar, if thats important. But I do use the weather icon in ObjectDock, which is probably less important.)

-ASL_HS_Installer32
(Makaveli213 told me about this before, that is a software updater. Im not sure if its important, though. Maybe telling me what kind os software would be important.)

-Windows Live Installer
(I installed Windows Live Mail and Windows Live Writer on my computer, so I dont know why the installer is still here nor why it has an uninstaller. Will it uninstall Live Mail and Live Writer if i uninstall it?)

Help is greatly appreciated. ;)

Visual C Runtime: Need it, some apps require it.

C++ Redistributable: Same as above, some apps require it to run.

Yes, those are updates/hotfixes. You can leave them on if you wish (google for the KB # that's given, and find out what they are if you wanna know more about 'em)

Vista Codec Pack: Just leave it on there; It has a bunch of codecs so things can play in WMP11. If you don't trust it, uninstall it/go through Osiris's spyware guide, and install K-Lite Codec Pack (although Vista Codec pack is good too).

Those are the things I know right off hand =).

Visual C Runtime: Need it, some apps require it.

C++ Redistributable: Same as above, some apps require it to run.

Yes, those are updates/hotfixes. You can leave them on if you wish (google for the KB # that's given, and find out what they are if you wanna know more about 'em)

Vista Codec Pack: Just leave it on there; It has a bunch of codecs so things can play in WMP11. If you don't trust it, uninstall it/go through Osiris's spyware guide, and install K-Lite Codec Pack (although Vista Codec pack is good too).

Those are the things I know right off hand =).

Thanks.
Thats helpful.
Ill take those things off my list.

Well, use it again!! :p

None of those programs look vital, I say uninstall all of them.

Well, im really looking for someone that knows what theyre talking about and about those programs, like Makaveli213.
And I used it three times, to let you know. ;)

You don't need installers, if the program is already installed. You certainly do not need weather services.

ok well im trusting you on the weather services one.
but not on the windows live installer because im afraid it might uninstall live writer and live mail from my computer.
ill wait for Makaveli213 on that one.
thanks anyway.
:happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom