Build me a Rig for Age of conan !

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
My budget is around 800 bucks for the tower and everything in it.

this computer is ONLY going to be used for Age of conan, and nothing else.

I'm thinking q6600 quad core, and the most ram possible. Do I need 2 video cards ???

I don't care about rewritable dvd drives, or massive harddrives.

I am running a 20'' monitor right now, but will be upgrading to a 24'' in the next 6 months or so, so I need a video card good enough :)

Whata u guys think ???

yeah thats on my list thanks :)

now I'm really just trying to decide between a quad core proc. and dual core...

e84/8500 or even the 7200 (you'd have to put a good OC on it, though). i'd go for the 8400 or the 8500 if you can afford it. e7200 will overclock high enough, and it will fit in your budget better. the kentsfield quads are hot and will not OC as good as the new wolfdale cores, even the dual cores will compete with the older quads. i wont say they are worthless by any means, but they are soon to be outdated (like everything else you buy today, lol). they will still give you lots of use, but i would get a wolfdale dual core, myself.
the card suggested above runs my 24" flawlessly. mine's evga, but no difference.
lol...8+gb ram is possible, but 3-4gb is plenty if you run vista.

awesome thanks for the info :)

I decided to go with the e7200 and g35 mobo

my total build cost came out under $795 with the 8800GTS 512mb :)

I think I'm gona add Vista 64 home for another 100 bucks though

I would suggest looking through the first page a bit before u make a thread like this again because there are almost always at least 2 threads like this up. To make life easier for ya check out my thread: http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/new-build-w-low-budget-need-help-175381/ because I am in the exact same position as you, trying to build a comp for AoC and some other games. I you need an OS it comes to about $720 after mail-in rebates and about $625 if you dont need one. The best thing about it is that this comp will be able to run AoC on maxed setting while still getting great fps.

See u in game if u happen to roll Cimmeria server (RP-PVP, friends picked it...dont ask). At least I'll get to make fun of an RPer here and there when I'm bored.

And to be honest I wouldnt bother with a quad core, its gonna add quite a bit to your cost and from what I've heard and read it wont make that big of a difference when it comes to your gaming performance. You also said you wanted the most ram possible which might not be the best route, 2GB will be fine, especially if you have AoC in mind. Just be sure to get good ram and you will be more than set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom