ok, can get past 2.8ghz on 2180

Status
Not open for further replies.

harnar123

Daemon Poster
um, now I don't really know jack about this whole overlcoking thing. Reading everything but it ain't really clicking. It won't even boot 290 x 10. Any ideas? my ram is 5 5 5 18 but I can't set it to 4 4 4 12 like tracers should be. Where do I make sure I got the right voltage for the ram? I know I need 2.2v. Any help is really appreciated.

That unlocks some overclocking options, but maybe its unstable because you have speedstep on? People say that can cause instabliity sometimes

ok, p35-ds3l, 2gb tracers, 2180, rp-550, 8800gs, 7200.11. I don't really understand a lot of the bios options, like where do I set the ram voltage? I know to press ctrl f1. right now it is 280x10. Hope that clears it up.

Do you have DDR2 800 or DDR2 1066?

You may have to lower your RAM multiplier in order to get at overclock that high or higher, as the raising the FSB is also overlocking your ram. If your RAM multiplier is currently at 4x (which is likely if you have DDR 800 by default), then raising the FSB to 290 could be pushing your RAM to 1160, which is much to far when trying to overclock the CPU and get it stable. Lowering it to 3 would bring it too 870, which is much more reasonable (if your have DDR2 800).

sounds good, ok when I get am done with my paper I will play with it some more. I will make ram voltage 2.1 and change the multiplier x3.

Oc the ram and cpu separately for now and try to find out both their max's. Then you try to find a happy median between the two. Like for instance you take a lower cpu clock to run higher ram or vice versa. Maybe you find a setting thats in the middle. Like 2.9 cpu and 1000mhz for ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom