Comodo Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that sounds like a plan for now. After you run the uninstaller reboot and make sure that the changes take effect.

From there we will work on trying to clean out hte registry if you wish. There is a aplication that i do trust to do it. Regitry Crawler. It is not free but it is perfect for this task.

Yes that sounds like a plan for now. After you run the uninstaller reboot and make sure that the changes take effect.

From there we will work on trying to clean out hte registry if you wish. There is a aplication that i do trust to do it. Regitry Crawler. It is not free but it is perfect for this task.

Well, there is a way to get it free but thats not allowed here. ;)
Im not going to get it that way anyway.
But before I do anything, Im creating a restore point.
did some searching and found a free 30 day trial for registry crawler.
im uninstalling it after i do this, so lets use it.
even though it looks easy to use, i want you to tell me how. :)

REgistry Crawler is as easy as what Celtic said. Type in Comodo in the search field and it will find the entries, ALL entries related to Comodo and remove them.

I have personally used this app for the better part of 6 months now and i fully trust it and endorse it. IF something should happen while using it, i will say that it is my fualt for recommending it. As i have used it to remove Anti-Virus and previous firewall entries i know it works. But each user has a different experience.

You are also right about the alternative methods...We shall not discuss it here. But i do know *cough*.....:p

REgistry Crawler is as easy as what Celtic said. Type in Comodo in the search field and it will find the entries, ALL entries related to Comodo and remove them.

I have personally used this app for the better part of 6 months now and i fully trust it and endorse it. IF something should happen while using it, i will say that it is my fualt for recommending it. As i have used it to remove Anti-Virus and previous firewall entries i know it works. But each user has a different experience.

You are also right about the alternative methods...We shall not discuss it here. But i do know *cough*.....:p

i might post some screenshots of all the registry keys and data after im done uninstalling and let you decide which ones i should remove.
i know you know. 6 months is alot longer than 30 days. ;)

That it is. I will be glad to check the shots for you and let you know.

Those can all go as well.

ok now for the data entries.
there was 100 something of these detected so i exported them to a registry file (Please ignore the warning at the top of the page, its not harmful).
dont try double clicking because that will merge it with your registry.
instead, open with notepad (right click > edit).
you probably already knew that, though.
if that method is too hard to examine, then ill just do multiple print screens.
just tell me if you need me to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom