Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
hey guys, i'm kinda stuck between which laptop to purchase....it's between the

Asus Eee Pc 900 which specs are:

with the 8.9" screen,
20gb SSD, 1gb DDR2 mem
900mhz Celeron M........

or spend about $200 more for the low end refurbished Dell m1330 (which also has great reviews) its specs are:

1.6ghz core 2 duo
2gb DDR2 mem
160gb 5400rpm sata hdd
x3000 gfx....

but it also has a dvd+-RW and a 13" LED screen, battery life is about the same....i'm not going to do much if any gaming at all on the laptop and it's not meant as a desktop replacement...all i need it for is taking notes, writing papers, researching and watching dvds and the like...thanks for the help

I'd lean towards the eee myself. I don't think that model has an optical drive it in yet, though, so watching dvds (at least from discs) is out. But it's good for everything you'd be using it for, cheaper, lighter/smaller, etc.

The Dell is nice but it seems over priced to me. You should be able to get a nice 12 or 13" lappy for $500-600 if you look for it. Something like this or similar (Everex is a good value brand).

Everex SA2050T 12.1" LCD 4.1LB XP & Vista Notebook - eBay (item 300224748062 end time May-20-08 19:20:39 PDT)

the only thing i'm concerned with the Eee is the small keyboard, it seems to be the only drawback for me because 80-90% of my time on it will be typing...but on a good note, i do not have big fingers

welp, i wound up getting the Eee....just because of the SSD and the price ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom