Which vista to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
I posted a thread a while back but didn't get what I was looking for so..

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 English NA DVD - Operating Systems

Is that the right product to install on a new computer, that comes with the cdkey and everything you need to install vista on a new home computer?

Is that the best one to go with? Thanks!

I'm using a x3220 chip and wonder if I should be buying the 64b version? iono if my chip is for that..

Thank you!

Funny the 32bit edition of Home Premium is working just fine here. Plus the present software market is still 32bit for the time being. The next build here will likely see a dual boot of both 64 and 32bit editions of Windows 7 since Microsoft plans that as the last to see a 32bit release. Software companies will then be forced to write far more 64bit games and apps.

I would be sticking with 32 bit. Most of the software out on the market is geared towards 32-Bit. I do know some people that are having issues with running various apps and games under 64 bit windows.

I have 64 bit Vista Ultimate SP1 on my new laptop (Core 2 Duo T9300/nVidia GeForce 8600M GS) and it runs incredibly well. Games run well, all of my apps run fine...the only bad thing is that unsigned drivers are not allowed at all in 64 bit Vista SP1, which only affects a few apps (namely ATiTool and RivaTuner...can't overclock your graphics with these apps in 64 bit SP1 [not just Ultimate, any Vista 64 SP1 has the driver lock]).

You will find that many games are more cross platform friendly then your typical desktop software usually written for the 32bit editions of a particular version of Windows. Some apps run on a 64bit edition simply due to MS seeing a certain degree of backward to 32bit support written into the new 64bit editions just like 98 offered some backward support for 95 16bit apps while being the first 32bit desktop version.

Even with Vista while XP Pro 64bit suffered the most from almost no driver support at all many still run into driver problems. Hardware companies like NVidia and ATI obviously as well as Creative Labs had to produce 64bit drivers for their products to see them used on the 64bit editions. But for the market and larger portion of software selections it's still 32bit time until....?

guys thank you so much.. I knew there had to be an oem kinda thing I guess this is what I was looking for..

I dunno about which to run, 32/64

I heard problems with unsigned drivers going to 64 and I want to oc my video cards..

can the 64 bit increase performance or anything with gaming pleasure? =)

For gaming Vista Ultimate 32-bit the 64 bit does not support all games. All High end gaming PC builders are recommending Vista Ultimate.

^^ There is no reason to get Ultimate. It only has a few extra features that are not worth the price increase over Home Premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom