good 7.1 channel surround speaker build ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
ok I'm looking to put together some decent little drivers for a sweet 7.1 channel surround Computer settup.

Any ideas guys ???

would like to keep this as BUDGET as possible !

BUT provide some AWESOME sound !

whata u think ???

(I've already got my sub taken care of)

are there some good simple builds out there for some nice tiny easy to settup and mount for great surround imaging speakers ???

Im not completely sure what your asking..

If your talking about a computer build then any cheapo computer with a sound card will do (Soundblaster Xfi.) If your talking about something speaker related, your in the wrong section :)

Give us a price and we can give you more details :D

well my ultimate dilema is.... whether to run a a home theater reciever for my 7.1 surround capabilities...or to see if there is a sound card that can do what I need.

I have 2 requirements of the sound card or reciever... it will be running both my computer surround AND my home theater surround...

any ideas ???

is there a sound card that can do this?

I'm also looking to build the speakers as well... havn't found a good budget single driver design I like yet...

For some reason im still confused.. what will this computer be doing?

Is it going to be a media center that records tv shows, watches movies, etc?

If you are making a Media Center you need a TV Capture card + Sound card...

no media center. I just want 7.1 surround for games.

Will I be required to buy a seperate reciever ? or are there good sound cards that will do all the decoding and such ?

the other issue is amplification...

If for no other reason I am assuming I will have to purcahse a 7.1 reciever for power anyway...

or are there sound cards that come with external amps ??

The best sound-card for games: (only because of EAX do I recommend Creative)
Newegg.com - Creative 70SB046A00000 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series - Sound Cards

Another option: (better value option)
Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

All these sound cards do is output sound for headphones/speakers to use. I don't know much about amps and such, so I can't help you out there.

If you have the money go for the xfi.. but if your on a budget go for the audigy. In all honesty there isn't much of a difference... just a few more extra stuff here and there that won't really be necessary for what your planning on doing.

Ask that question about the amp in the audio related section..

Good luck :D

*edit*
Btw, you still need a sound card to get 7.1 surround output, unless of course you have an integrated sound card that outputs 7 channels already. But yeah, you will still need a home theater amp thingy :)

ok awesome thanks.

I guess I will probably end up just using the 5.1 surround from my old reciever...and upgrade my Home theater settup to 7.1

not too many games are 7.1 compatable I assume anyway.(mainly Age of connan)

fatalitys are definatly not worth the money IMO, post this in the COMPUTER AUDIO section you will receive more beneficial help from them over there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom