QUICK need confirmation this will work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Right guys, my friend wants to order this PC that i made for him on Ebuyer. But his dad is the kind that beleives it won't work and PC world know it all. So can you guys confirm for him that the following PC would work if i put it all together. Unless ofcourse it wouldn't :p

Thanks, oh, and don't reccomend different parts. Aslong as it will WORK.

Coolermaster Elite 330 Black Case With CM eXtreme Power 460W PSU *SPECIAL OFFER*

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping (2.4GHz 1066MHz) Socket 775 L2 8MB Cache (2x4MB (4MB per core pair) Retail Boxed Processor

Point Of View 8800GT 512MB GDDR3 256bit Dual DVI PCI-E Graphics Card

Seagate ST3250410AS 250GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache - OEM

Optiarc AD-7200S 20X DVD±RW/DL/RAM Internal SATA Bare Black Drive - OEM

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium -SP1- Licence and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 32-bit - English

Kingston 2GB (2x1GB Kit) DDR2 533MHz/PC2-4200 Non-ECC CL4

ASUS P5B Socket 775 Core 2 ready P965 chipset onboard audio ATX Motherboard

It'll work, but i suggest you get a p35-ds3l motherboard instead of the 965 asus board. And spend an extra 10 bucks for some decent ddr2 800 instead of the 533 cheapo stuff.

Gah. I said don't reccomend stuff :p

Really.. what difference does ram speed make. very very little.

I did it anyway :D

HA! Actually, from 533 to 800 would make a good deal of difference. And the motherboard is iffy. On some sites it says it is Intel quad cpu ready, but I wouldn't trust that to guarantee compatibility, and the chipset isn't the best. Get the DS3L. I know you said don't recommend new parts, but these would be the best for making a guaranteed actual working system.

Otherwise, there is a chance that it may not work and then you'd not be in a good spot.

The 965 chipset SHOULD work, but it might require a bios flash. We know for a fact that the ds3l works out of the box with the q6600 thats why we suggest it.

Okay guys thanks.

So, what kind of FPS performance increase does fast ram do over slower ram? i swear it did nothing but help when OCing. But heres me talking away with my inferior knowledge :)

I don't know about fps performance, but it's like riding around on tires that are 1/2 flat. Having the right air pressure in the tires enhances handling ability & overall performance.

Not only that but the slower ram cant hit those higher speeds whereas with DDR2800 you can slow it down and then it will creep back up to its normal speed as you over clock. Cheapo ram can be a serious inhibitor during over clocking. Also the optical drive and video card are from some no name brands so they might not be great. The Egg has name brands for good prices so there is no logical reason to buy generic, especially when its something as critical as a video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom