Trouble Upgrading OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainfu2003

Beta member
Ok so Im upgrading my OS to Vista Home Premium. I Currently Have Vista Home Basic. I've tryed just a normal Upgrade, of which gave me an error...I cannot remember exactly...Basically it cut off in the middle of installation and Restored my system to just prior to install....
I've tryed the Clean Install, both from booting the install disk to installing from the desktop. I've formatted Prior to all of this as well. I have a Emachine W3609. All the specs are hereSupport: Product Support and Downloads

After doing the clean install both ways I get the same result, Everything seems to install good until I get to the part where you actually log in after installation. Whether I try to log in or just let it sit, the system boots itself and brings up the Recovery Options...At which is a Startup Repair program, and a memory testing program, and the Factory Restore and Disk Restore ETC...
The Startup Repair program scans and gives me no errors.
I'm not sure of the exact problem other than I may have to install Drivers for the motherboard etc etc....
For example when I did factory restore it installed the intel chipsets automatically and all the factory set junk added on.... Any help would be great...I just would love to start Editing My Skate Videos!!! GRR

Once it installs and you get to the desktop take the vista cd out also make sure that you delete ALL partitions then create a new one there could be a recovery partition lingering on the system.

Makes sense, because when I get to the clean install part and it asks' which drive to install windows onto. I have the 1 partition that is the Majority of the HD about 100gb, and another partition which I'm guessing is the eMachines Recovery part which is about 8 gb...So I need to delete one of the partitions or format it orr? I recall looking at the screen where you can choose to format, only get this screen after booting from the disc to install. I recall it saying I couldnt remove. But that was on the bigger partition. Say worst case scenario if I dont have the option to remove this 8gb partition or format it, where do I go from there?

Yes. Go thru the install then. Might have to use the format option again to get te file system back to NTFS. But that is it. This should clear up this issues for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom