SLI question

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I have an EVGA 8800 GT superclocked 512mb. If I were to buy the one that ISNT superclocked, can I still run it SLI? Is SLI even worth it for gaming? My specs are listed in my sig. Are there heat issues with SLI? Thanks TF!

You would have to overclock the second card to match settings. And unless you have a large 24" monitor or bigger, you won't need SLI.

You can do it, but it scales closer to the lower clocked card, what I recommend for best performance is make sure they are the exact same speed

You would have to overclock the second card to match settings. And unless you have a large 24" monitor or bigger, you won't need SLI.

incorrect.
if you do not want to overclock the slower card, make sure to put the slower card in the primary slot. the faster card will downclock to the slower cards settings.
if you want to overclock, still put the slower card in the primary slot, and
you will probably have no trouble overclocking the card(s) back to the superclocked factory settings. you would then have the superclocked running factory and the regular clocked card overclocked to the superclocked settings.
you dont HAVE to overclock the slow card.
SLI is worth it for gaming if you aren't getting the framerates you want with a single card. i would think it would help a lot with crysis, if that is your main game. no matter what the resolution. it just depends on the deal you get on the 2nd card. if you can find it cheap enough, its ALWAYS worth it.
probably not tha t worth it if you have to pay full price for the card, thats your decision (ie your money).

Ya Nagasama used to have dual 7900gs, he just bought the 590A board because in case the 7900gs's got cheap, he'd buy a second one later on... but little did he know there was (as we call him a "drugged up guy") who sold his 7900gs (identical to his original) super cheap.. and he bought another one.. at the time it outperformed the 8800gts 640mb

lol @ vernong's story...
i had SLI 8800gt too.
too much gpu for my cpu, as i like to say.
now i'm lookin at that cheap ecs 8800gts 512. just to have it ready for cpu upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom